BR Squad
I usually just sent a PM in which I stated the rule they're breaking, sometimes included how they could better handle the situation, then waited for a response and if no response came; To me that meant he/she didn't care so I would go ahead and post it.
(04-29-2013, 10:06 PM)Fultzy Wrote: This is my biggest issue at this current time. Most of these ban request could just be avoided by actually helping the players. There are certain occasions where that is not that case like Mass RDM, CDM, or propkilling. Rules that are basically universal.

The amount of people that could just say, "Hey, you cannot do that. Try this." would make the server better as a whole. Some people do not listen and that is when you post a ban request. Before I was promoted I would always try and help people. Try and get people to model how you should behave when administrators are not online.

The banning admin have choices with ban requests, approve them or deny them. If you guys dont think the accused have done enough to be banned then deny the BR and add that a warning is more suited.

Sure its better with a warning but dont blame the ban requesters do to what the BR section is intended for. Blame the offenders for not following the rules, even if its a minor one.

I am sure most of the people are trying their best at explaining/reminding the rules. I have warned people so many times for not fear roleplaying, which is one of the most common rulebreaks and believe me it gets annoying when every single person do it when you are a cop even if it is a minor one.
The following 1 user Likes Humla's post:
  • Aing
I think you misunderstood what I said Humla.

All I said was we could avoid so many ban requests if people would just talk to the people they are posting on. Most are new kids or just minor offenses. I was not in any shape or form blaming people. Just suggesting that if players would help players instead of just post ban requests we could run easier here at Fearless.
The following 2 users Like Fultz's post:
  • aviator, Weecow
(05-01-2013, 03:27 AM)Fultzy Wrote: I think you misunderstood what I said Humla.

All I said was we could avoid so many ban requests if people would just talk to the people they are posting on. Most are new kids or just minor offenses. I was not in any shape or form blaming people. Just suggesting that if players would help players instead of just post ban requests we could run easier here at Fearless.

I do believe that in most cases people are telling them what they do wrong. Also most of the BRs is not on people with 1-10 hours, most have 50+ hours and should know what they do wrong.

I do agree with that explaining and helping people is a better way to go but most people are not listening.
(04-29-2013, 10:06 PM)Fultzy Wrote: Some people do not listen and that is when you post a ban request.

That is what I said in the first post here.
(05-01-2013, 11:08 AM)Fultzy Wrote:
(04-29-2013, 10:06 PM)Fultzy Wrote: Some people do not listen and that is when you post a ban request.

That is what I said in the first post here.

I know. The thing is that of all people I have made a BR of no one have been listening, its first when the BR is up they are sorry. It has come to a point where I hardly talk to people anymore, I'll just let them know they will be ban requested and thats it. I dont want to stand and explain to people anymore unless the have 1-10 hours.
The whole BR system is a joke in my eyes. It is mostly used against people by despite.

Let's set this up;

X does something slightly against the rules, (Ex. CDM on accident) and Y, who just got legitimately raided by X, records it and puts a BR on X. X gets banned and Y gets his revenge.

I've posted like 2-3 ban requests, but I stopped it. I'd rather have an admin check it out, or let another person post the BR, than gathering evidence and post it.

Also, when people record, they are often not RP-ing. They are just running around looking for troublemakers, which is also reducing the fun for the recorder, and the entire city for the missing position of the individual in the RP.

TL;DR, ban requests are being abused, but I can't seem to find a way this can be stopped.

i hate it when people come up to you and yell i recorded that im going to BR,

like a few hours ago i was doing RP as a officer, some one tresspassed the nexus and was trying to run away, so i grab my tazer and take him down, at that moment a random corleone walks into the nexus just as i tazed the other person, and starts yelling trough his mic OMG you are random tazing i got that recorded omg you are getting banned, and he keeps repeating and screaming like a 12 year old -_-,
forcing me to respond to him in local ooc wasting my time that otherwise could be spend in making my police RP better cause i would have more time to talk to the criminal explaining his rights and stuff like that.
I just record/screenshot, post my BR then move on. Sure, I'll explain what they do wrong but half the time they don't even pay attention or they don't care. So I post it and continue. It's all well and good being a role model but the amount of people that listen to your advice is few and far between., must admit it does feel nice when you get someone who does listen though.