Aviator - Complaint
Good evening whoever this may concern,

Today at 18:52 GMT I was blacklisted from SRU, Physics Guns and Toolguns.

For having contraband as SRU, double dooring and propblocking.

However, I believe that this is not fair. Aviator told me that I couldn't have contraband as an SRU, so I removed half of it as I thought I got raided before had whilst I was AFK. Returning to that spot again to check if it had gone would be breaking NLR. So I removed half of it and he blacklisted me anyway. He forget to mention, that I was double dooring and propblocking but told me this as I respawned at the AM/PM as a citizen. He didn't give me a warning and a chance to remove them, but he took away my flags without warning. I donated yesterday, and this is not the respect I would like from your admins. I hope you get to see this soon and a reply will be posted when it can.
Thanks for reading,
Roachykins
You must read the rules for report before posting a report. Please pay attention to the sections "The following points are abuse" and "The following points are no abuse". Your donation doesn't give you diplomatic immunity.
Hello.

Firstly, please read the rules for report as it isn't abuse to be banned/blacklisted. Post an unban/blacklist request. Also, use the template.

I in no way abused my powers as a Moderator. This is because you broke the rules and thus were punished for it. I did inform you of your prop-block and double dooring, twice in Local OOC, I do believe. Also, I do not need to warn people. Second of all I do not appreciate being ganged up upon by you and the other SRU member and complaining over the punishment issued. At first I was going to issue a suspension but I changed my mind, and you should be happy I did. You are exaggerating, 'removed half of it' you destroyed nothing or maybe one item of 7 contraband. I in no way disrespected anyone, but rather you and the other member were getting rather rowdy towards me.
Regards,
aviator
I'm not trying to say I had diplomatic immunity, I'm just saying a warning would've been nice. I have never been banned/blacklisted before, and I didn't have time to remove my shit. He told me about the double door when I was on the other side of town, then removed my p and t flags.
(05-21-2013, 06:05 PM)Aviator Wrote: Hello.

Firstly, please read the rules for report as it isn't abuse to be banned/blacklisted. Post an unban/blacklist request. Also, use the template.

I in no way abused my powers as a Moderator. This is because you broke the rules and thus were punished for it. I did inform you of your prop-block and double dooring, twice in Local OOC, I do believe. Also, I do not need to warn people. Second of all I do not appreciate being ganged up upon by you and the other SRU member and complaining over the punishment issued. At first I was going to issue a suspension but I changed my mind, and you should be happy I did. You are exaggerating, 'removed half of it' you destroyed nothing or maybe one item of 7 contraband. I in no way disrespected anyone, but rather you and the other member were getting rather rowdy towards me.

((I am the "ganging" and "rowdy" SRU Member who only wished to converse over the removal of flags, and as I have been mentioned by the Admin in question, I believe I am allowed to post to defend myself, and thus Roach))

First off, let me say you Admins do a supremely good job at keeping the servers playable with good players making up the majority of the player-lists. This is because of your determination and perseverance as Admins and Moderators to rid the servers of those who would wish to ruin the RP environment that is cultivated on any FL server.

However, those who do get through the stringent net that you enforce, we are pretty alright players and usually alright people too. If we make a mistake, we are probably apologetic and will offer to do anything we can to help you guys out, we know you're busy and don't want to waste your time. This is where my friend Roach comes in. He's an excellent RPer, I've had some good encounters and situations roleplayed well with him before, and I do not believe he would do something like this on purpose or with intent to make an Admins job harder than it already is.

I know you guys go through a lot of people here, but I believe that Roach was treated a little harshly for his ignorance and naivety. If you have not already read, he was raided, his contraband was surely not going to survive such a raid, any good FL player knows this. Either it would have been taken or destroyed, and true to NLR, Roach joined the SRU and forgot the entire encounter. Now, Roach was SRU for all of about three minutes before he was brought by Aviator back to the location of his contraband. I know, I was there and saw the commands in chat. Roach offered to remove them; as any respectable player would, and then demoted to Citizen for his troubles. Aviator took his SRU privelages for an hour, based on the fact he had Contra as an SRU. Yet, surely he would be breaking NLR if he was to return and destroy his contraband after the raid, even if he had known it was still there, or even to check if it was there. I believe this to be a little harsh. Aviator, while possibly busy, should have allowed him to explain himself at least. Then, ten or so minutes later, Aviator took his Tools and Props privelages for 'prop-blocking' and 'double-dooring.' I cannot possibly comment on that, as I wasn't able to observe the structure, but I can definitely comment on the latter.

To add insult to injury, when me and Roach, who I have known all of about a week at most, asked Aviator about his reasoning for the ban, and Roach gave his explanation over OOC Chat, all we got back was that he was busy and couldn't discuss why Roach was treated more like a statistic rather than a player. This is poor show on the community interaction side of things, by any Admin standards (having been one myself in several places, community management and server management roles).

Sorry, but it is.

Indeed, I whole-heartily would say I like Aviator, I think he's a stand-up Admin who is routinely seen on 33x,making an impact, but I believe he handled this one with a dreadfully heavy hand. I don't know what Roach wants, but I'm sure he doesn't want anything but his dignity returned to him after this awful situation.
That great little thing that shows up every time you connect to the servers or press F1 is supposed to be read and understood. Once you fail to do so, the staff moves in dealing suspensions as they see fit.

Roach's "dignity" was left when he broke the rules. Don't break the rules, avoid embarrassing moments.
(05-21-2013, 07:19 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: That great little thing that shows up every time you connect to the servers or press F1 is supposed to be read and understood. Once you fail to do so, the staff moves in dealing suspensions as they see fit.

Roach's "dignity" was left when he broke the rules. Don't break the rules, avoid embarrassing moments.

It's nice to see that the admins take the time to read full threads and understand the peculiar situation this actually was, before posting heavy-handed responses which consist of "ban everyone and nobody will break rules."
First of all, players often forget that they share the staff member's attention with 48 other people. That means that the staff member cannot devote 20 minutes for a player to explain his life's story up to this point.

Second, rules have a simple thing about them - they are to be followed. Not haggled, ignored, forgotten, let slide or similar - followed.

Third, neither you nor Roach get to choose how the staff member enforces the rules. Roach has had more than 2 full days to learn and understand them. He could have used that time to ask and clarify any grey areas, he didn't.

Now, you are free to present evidence of Aviator's abuse on you, otherwise stop a ting like a lawyer.
At first you got your PTE access taken by Aviator due to what I understand is 3 propblocks and 2 double doors, those are also mentioned in the rules to be disallowed. Now, digging up the logs makes me find something very interesting.

CityRP Logs Wrote:[19:43:50] [FL:M] Aviator (STEAM_0:1:48558317) said: // All doors must be accessable.
You are clearly explained what appeared to be your doubt.
CityRP Logs Wrote:[19:43:53] [FL:RP] Alderman (STEAM_0:1:19989580) said: //Roach, make a complaint on the forums if you think he's abusing his power.
[19:43:58] Roachykins (STEAM_0:0:7966383) said: // I will.
You friend decides to use OOC to personally deliver you that message, now let me remind you that this section is not for complaints, it's for topics with evidence of actual abuse of rank and power.
CityRP Logs Wrote:[19:44:04] [FL:M] Aviator (STEAM_0:1:48558317) said: // How am I abusing my powers?!
[19:44:18] [FL:M] Aviator (STEAM_0:1:48558317) said: // I punished you for breaking the rules.
[19:44:25] [FL:RP] Alderman (STEAM_0:1:19989580) said: //You're not, but he has a right to do, doesn't he?
If you say that he doesn't, why do you suggest he posts one and even defend the case?
CityRP Logs Wrote:[19:45:55] [FL:M] Aviator (STEAM_0:1:48558317) said: // Now I remind you of General Rule 5.
At this point you were warned, as follows of this rule you must respect the punishment or take it to the appropiate board section.
CityRP Logs Wrote:[19:51:51] [FL:RP] Alderman (STEAM_0:1:19989580) said: //Aviator, you should answer the mans questions at least. That's just common decency.
[19:52:00] [FL:M] Aviator (STEAM_0:1:48558317) said: // I am busy -.-
[19:52:11] [FL:RP] Alderman (STEAM_0:1:19989580) said: //You treat us like scum, even the donators.
This is very blatant. Once again I remind you that your donator status doesn't follow special treament or favoritism. You may not discuss things like those in the OOC, keep those strictly to the forums, that was why he didn't reply to whatever question you asked using the OOC global chat.
CityRP Logs Wrote:[19:52:24] [FL:M] Aviator (STEAM_0:1:48558317) said: // I beg your pardon?
[19:52:39] [FL:RP] Alderman (STEAM_0:1:19989580) said: //You heard me, you didn't even let him put over his case.
He's saying it to you politely, yet you still show an attitude.

All in all, I see a massive amount of staff disrespect and disrespect toward the server rules and community. You had no respect for the fact that your violation of the rules had to be dealt with in the unblacklist request boards and not the OOC and especially not here.
Can we drop this now, my blacklists are gone and the servers are down anyway. The complaint was a heat of the moment thing, I will be sure not to break such rules again and have learnt my lesson.

Case closed.