Adding more Car Colors
Hello my fellow Fearlessians! Smile

I have a suggestion that i hope some of you will like & support.

Title of Suggestion:Adding more Car Colors to the Volkswagen

Description:Adding more car colors to the Volkswagen instead of just having Green, Blue & White as colors.

Why:Because i think more people than just me want more then just 3 colors for this wonderful vehicle.
Sincerely, TotallyGG
Community Member & Donator

I am not really bothered but I think the current colour scheme is enough. -Support.
Regards,
aviator
It would require recompiling the vehicles and creating more skin families (I think).
I can do it, you'll just have to download the vehicles as new models.
+ Support
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
I like the current colour schemes.

Yeah, I think that if you really want to change them then you may be able to do it yourself working only on client side.

Update: Yes, it is possible to change the texture of vehicles for the client side (as well as other in-game textures etc.)

Proof (Although it's a bad texture edit):

[Image: pn2bLae.jpg]

It is allowed to modify client side textures as I previously asked SoulRipper before regarding the issue and he said I was allowed to.

If you'd like to learn how to then feel free to drop me a PM and I'll let you know (It's very simple to do Smile)

EDIT: Changing to a +Support after thinking about it, more variety would be better.
Seems like a lot of work, I'm afraid, but would be a neat implementation.

+/- Support
(05-15-2013, 11:16 PM)Jarz Wrote: Seems like a lot of work, I'm afraid, but would be a neat implementation.

+/- Support

I don't think it is a lot of work.
Look at the way the file structure is setup for the golf, skin1, skin2 and skin3 are the different colours.

[Image: 2Uf4Y.png]

If I'm correct then it'd only be a matter of duplicating these but change blue to white for example and save it as skin4. Then it should just be a small change so that it will use this texture too when cycling between them at the paint station.

As far as I know, all of the colourable vehicles are structured this way. It could be done to more than just the Golf.
+Support
Griim it would have to be added to the skin family of the vehicle, it won't automatically pick up the new textures. This requires decompiling the model and recompiling it. However due to many of the cars having more than 30k vertices, I cannot recompile due to a source limit. Therefore I would have to reduce the quality of the car just to add colours on the server.
(05-16-2013, 09:27 AM)Termin Wrote: Griim it would have to be added to the skin family of the vehicle, it won't automatically pick up the new textures. This requires decompiling the model and recompiling it. However due to many of the cars having more than 30k vertices, I cannot recompile due to a source limit. Therefore I would have to reduce the quality of the car just to add colours on the server.

Ah I see, I was just taking a guess at how this'd work ><