Difference between role-play reasons and made up reasons
I was in a server and I was thinking that you know you need a RP reason to lets say kill someone right? The reason has to be that they actually did something to you like destroyed your house etc, it can't just be like they did nothing to you but you kill and say your reason was "He killed my family" even though he didn't, right? I was just checking so that I can play the game knowing all the rules and that I won't do something stupid.
Well, it has to be practical, if he killed you and said "Oh he did so and so" that would be considered powergaming, because your forcing a roleplay experiance on someone, unless ofcourse you or him actually did, or he was going along with a specific roleplay you two had planned, correct me if im wrong. Cheese
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
I think you misunderstood the meaning of powergaming. Powergaming is for example switching to Chef, buying food and switching back to Police Officer.

You can't make up a false story for killing someone I think. You can't say "he killed my family" because the other would be like "What the fuck dude" because he has no idea where you're talking about.
The following 2 users Like HellShell's post:
  • Da BeachiJR, Commander Fi5h
Hmm, Well on previous RP servers i played on they mostly told you PowerGaming was forcing an RP experiance onto someone, perhaps the word serves a diferent purpose here, well anyhow yeah Cheese
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 2 users Like dig's post:
  • Makarov, Prosto
(05-08-2013, 02:14 PM)HellShell Wrote: I think you misunderstood the meaning of powergaming. Powergaming is for example switching to Chef, buying food and switching back to Police Officer.

You can't make up a false story for killing someone I think. You can't say "he killed my family" because the other would be like "What the *** dude" because he has no idea where you're talking about.

Powergaming is also forcing RP upon someone.
Regards,
aviator
Aviator hits it dead on.

Power-gaming refers to two things.

1) Using in-game abilities to acquire things for personal gain (going GD purely for the ammunition etc.)

2) Imposing an "iron-will" of RP. Example:

Me (criminal): /shows ID card.
Officer: /inspects the card. "Something is fishy"

That's fair and requires RP inventiveness.

Me (criminal): /shows fake ID card which cannot be traced.
Officer: "Something is fishy"
Me: ".// Nope, cannot be traced, don't metagame"

Now that's power-gaming and is not allowed.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Dr Tomorrow
Making up excuses to kill someone is considered RDM, you cannot randomly kill someone and say "this is for my family", unless is your friend, and you two are rping, or he really did kill your family (in-game of course), otherwhise, it's consireded RDM.
Just don't go around killing people randomly or "RDM" because that can get you banned but don't make up fake stories and stay with a straight line while killing people.
For instance if you are in a raid and they have weapons you have the right to kill them.
Do not pull a weapon out when someone has an AK at you. This is not aloud you RP afraid of the gun. (dont worry I am not perfect yet and I have 388 hours I do not think anyone will be perfect do not worry.)
Kind regards,
Tmdirtbike.
(05-08-2013, 11:55 PM)tmdirtbike Wrote: Just don't go around killing people randomly or "RDM" because that can get you banned but don't make up fake stories and stay with a straight line while killing people.
For instance if you are in a raid and they have weapons you have the right to kill them.
Do not pull a weapon out when someone has an AK at you. This is not aloud you RP afraid of the gun. (dont worry I am not perfect yet and I have 388 hours I do not think anyone will be perfect do not worry.)

Raids are illegal, but that doesn't give you the right to interfere, call the cops, don't go in there shooting.

The same applies when you see someone kill another men, don't go after the murderer to finish him up, I see a lot of people doing this.

Just today, I was arresting a criminal, and a guy named karma killed me, that is considered RDM, he had no connection to the criminal, and no personal reasons agaisnt me.
You are also not allowed to kill an officer if he is arresting your friend.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Kobi Blade