Is This Allowed?
If you make a base out of props isn't that Prop surf or climb ? Or is it Surf when its floating >.< I am not sure :/ Can someone explain it to me plz :3 ?
(05-07-2013, 11:07 PM)Deriptz Wrote: Also you CANNOT have contraband in prop bases, that is considered doomforting.

I'm not quite sure where you got this information from, I haven't seen this statement enforced as a rule or been mentioned until now.

9. Doom forts are not allowed. This means you cannot make it hard for the opposing force to raid you. (ex: mazes, having to crouch or jump over props, small firing holes.)

In my opinion, A base is considered a Doom Fort, if the following circumstances apply, for example ''Sniper towers, walkways, small firing holes, mazes made using fences or similar, crouch/jump gates.''

In the rule, it states ''This means you cannot make it hard for the opposing force to raid you.'' We can see from this, that Contra-Band does not in fact make it hard for the opposition to raid you just because you're using a ''prop base.''
(05-08-2013, 06:32 AM)Shadow_Born Wrote: If you make a base out of props isn't that Prop surf or climb ? Or is it Surf when its floating >.< I am not sure :/ Can someone explain it to me plz :3 ?

Bases out of props, must have a support, you can't make them float on mid air, that would be failrp.
(05-08-2013, 07:07 AM)SolidSnake Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 06:32 AM)Shadow_Born Wrote: If you make a base out of props isn't that Prop surf or climb ? Or is it Surf when its floating >.< I am not sure :/ Can someone explain it to me plz :3 ?

Bases out of props, must have a support, you can't make them float on mid air, that would be failrp.

I see ok :3
(05-07-2013, 11:07 PM)Deriptz Wrote: Also you CANNOT have contraband in prop bases, that is considered doomforting.

How is that doomforting?
[/quote]

An admin warned me for that once.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
The following 1 user Likes Deriptz's post:
  • Melted Bu11et
Were you basing in the offices or something

Also, propsurfing is when you stand on a prop and launch yourself in the air.

And propclimbing is using a prop to well, climb over a prop, for example a base, but it could also be a roof.
Generally, as long as it's not breaking any of the doomfort rules, is outside the main city, and does not block off an entire section of the map(eg:blocking off the entire of the industrial area, not blocking off a small area such as an individual house or a bit of forest), then it's perfectly fine.
The following 1 user Likes 5p carrier bag's post:
  • scootershot
(05-09-2013, 04:28 AM)VallyTeacake Wrote: Generally, as long as it's not breaking any of the doomfort rules, is outside the main city, and does not block off an entire section of the map(eg:blocking off the entire of the industrial area, not blocking off a small area such as an individual house or a bit of forest), then it's perfectly fine.

The problem with basing with contra in the main city, is not doom forting, those buildings are for passive RP and Shops, this is to avoid wars and raids on the city.

"Base Rules #7. All buildings in the main city street and all obvious shops are reserved for passive RP. Do not base here."