The best way to record in-gane gameplay?
(05-08-2013, 03:11 AM)xXUltraFireXx Wrote: My personal favorite out of them all would have to be Dxtory. It compresses files and gives a option for the quality of the video. Unlike fraps it also gives you the ability to use which codec you want which will also save you on space. This is what very few people recommend but that's because not a lot of people know it's out there.

Might give that one a try, thanks.
Dxtory is the best, however it is usually alittle more complicated to set up than FRAPS.
Fraps is just great, If your computer can run Full HD recordings without FPS drops, Bandicam was decent but video quality was shit though.
Source demo.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
(05-08-2013, 10:07 AM)Mahti Wrote: Fraps is just great, If your computer can run Full HD recordings without FPS drops, Bandicam was decent but video quality was shit though.

I agree with this
(05-07-2013, 08:19 AM)Verenikin Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 06:05 AM)Aviator Wrote: Indeed, FRAPs isn't the greatest recording software, however, if you are unable to find anything better you will have to use FRAPs or use the Garry's Mod recording feature, as I presume there is one. I do notice, even on a fairly good system, that FRAPs causes a rapid drop in FPS.

Fraps causes a drop in FPS because its by default set to record at 30 FPS.

Fraps works great, just get the cracked version, otherwise you can only record for 30 secs at a time.

But, my FPS drops far below 30FPS, in fact when recording in FSX it drops to around 5-10FPS. For that reason I do not use it. If I do manage to get a recording from it, it is great.
Regards,
aviator
Frap's is the best, already been suggested but its worth the note.
The following 1 user Likes Commander Fi5h's post:
  • Verenikin
(05-08-2013, 03:24 PM)Aviator Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 06:05 AM)Aviator Wrote: Indeed, FRAPs isn't the greatest recording software, however, if you are unable to find anything better you will have to use FRAPs or use the Garry's Mod recording feature, as I presume there is one. I do notice, even on a fairly good system, that FRAPs causes a rapid drop in FPS.

Fraps works great, just get the cracked version, otherwise you can only record for 30 secs at a time.

But, my FPS drops far below 30FPS, in fact when recording in FSX it drops to around 5-10FPS. For that reason I do not use it. If I do manage to get a recording from it, it is great.

Are you using an old computer?

If so, that maybe why. I have absolutely no problems with Fraps and FPS.
Set the Recording FPS to about 5, see if you have difficulties with that.

If you cannot record any higher than that, your just going to have to deal with a 5/fps video.
(05-17-2013, 08:05 PM)Verenikin Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 03:24 PM)Aviator Wrote:

Are you using an old computer?

If so, that maybe why. I have absolutely no problems with Fraps and FPS.

Depends on your classification of 'old'. My computer is of 2011 (Year bought). The components are fine, however the graphics card lacks in strength which may be the cause of the low FPS. I don't really record much anyways and I don't need to now.
Regards,
aviator