Gamebooster
This program works in serveral ways:

*It doesn't do it's work 'magically'. It kills unecessary windows services and processes. You can add processes (i.e. skype.exe) to the list, so it will close that program as well. I recommand adding dwm.exe, wich basically is the windows theme. Altough not advised, you could enter explorer.exe to the list if you enable gamebox/know how to restart the proces by the taskmanager (Haven't tried it yet, but I know how to start processes by the taskmanager.).

*It searches for all the necessary and recent drivers for your pc. (i.e. graphics card driver)

*It makes serveral standard windows options more accesible.

*It's capable of defragmenting the maps with your games. (Don't do it on a SSD --> renders it useless over time.)

Why I know this? Extensive testing and using. It helps my pc to get about 2-5 fps more.

(Don't use 3.0 yet because it's beta.)

I hope this sorts out some things.
© Nudelholz
All stuff you can do yourself without having to download this, basically?
Yes, but it kills a lot of processes. You can always terminate them manually tough. And the defragmentation is something you can't do yourself, I think. By the way, you can trust me when I say it's worth it, because you save a lot of time.
© Nudelholz
You can easily defrag your drives yourself.
(06-24-2011, 06:46 PM)Gestapo Wrote: You can easily defrag your drives yourself.

System accesories? I forgot that xD
© Nudelholz
Just search "defrag" if you have vista or 7 xD
I'm giving this stuff a chance.
Be Warned, it can close some components that are vital!

I learned it the hard way Sad
Of course it can, when you add csrss.exe to it ;p *trollface*
© Nudelholz
This is great for laptops, it truly is.