Which build is better? BUDGET BUILD!
As some of you may know, my house was broken into. They stole my PC and I am almost to the point where I can buy a $500-$600 build.

The first build I had, my uncle picked everything out for me. He basically knows a lot about computers but my aunt recently passed and I don't want to bother him.

I picked this one out

I got this one off of YT (Check the description)

Spoiler :
youtube.com/watch?v=O6olutcuXHc

A friend picked this one out.

Spoiler :
icap.me/i/h76tNnOfqt.png

[Image: 8ua.gif]

Click this to see bacon
I think you should ask your uncle, reason for this being that he'll have something to distract him.
It will take his mind off your aunt for a little, which is good. At some point he has to move on, and I think this would be a good first step to take his mind off of it.

Personally I am confident that he'd love to help you, I don't know how your "relation" with your uncle is, but if it's a good relationship then I think that this will surely help him.

About the actual question; I haven't a clue which you should pick, sorry.
The following 2 users Like Salinsky's post:
  • Commander Fi5h, TylerSparks
I would go on the first one that you picked.

Because the one your friend chose a 500 gb hdd, seems a little small.
And because he tell's you to get a mid tower, and than put in a micro ATX motherboard? Dos not make sense to me..

Iv got 2.5 TB in my system and sometimes i run out of space (i don't know how i do that)

But id go for a i5.
But you will have to look for a different motherboard that has the 1155 socket.

For gaming only a 6 core 3.5ghz cpu seems kind of overkill. unless you are going to record game video's. But then you must have a lot of hdd space, or get an external hdd.

And i would also run a better CPU cooler. You can get pretty good ones for fairly nice prices. Like the Mugen 3 HW edition that i run. It only was 40€ and its pretty nice Tounge
This cooler keeps my i7 nicely under 40°c (under 100°F)

Also what are you planning on doing with that PC? like run new games like BF3?
are you going to make video's?

You should build your system to what you think you are going to need.

Just to show what i got myself last year: (1200€ build)

Spec's :
Case : Zalman GS1000 Tower Black
Motherboard : ASUS Sabertooth Z77
CPU : Intel Core i7 3770K
CPU Cooler : Mugen 3 HW edition
RAM : 2x Corsair vengeance 4 GB DDR 3 LP (LP : low profile)
GPU : ASUS Geforce GTX 560 overclocked
Power supply : Corsair GS 700 (700w)
SSD : Patriot Pyro SE 120 gb
HDD : Western Digital 2tb (and some other 200 gb that i don't recall)

[Image: WP_000745_zps84b7548b.jpg]
I'd suggest you go for the http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JTUP one, from what I've seen it seems pretty decent. 8 GB ram, 650 Ti, and a AMD 3,5Ghz 6-core. For a nice price!
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
Second one is better hands down. Especially if you plan on upgrading to the new Haswell processors. The second one has more superior graphics and the processor is of much better standards, single threaded wise. I own a FX-8120 and wouldnt trade it for anything, but considering power usage and heat put off by most AMD Bulldozer and Vishera processors, I would definitely go Intel.

If you want to squeeze out a bit of extra performance and low power, this is a decent build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/URKb

All together you pay around the same price in the end with $40.00 in Mail-In Rebate
The following 1 user Likes wweee2345's post:
  • Kalastaja
If i was you, i would probably choose the second set-up, primarily as it is a slight part similar to mine.

If you are wanting a gaming computer, in my opinion, it's all about choosing the right components, which i believe you have done very well. If you are to buy an expensive graphics card, then there would be no point buying a budget power supply, because it will probably result in the computer failing, and restarting all the time.
Wait until June, wait for 4th Gen Haswell processors.
DOESNT AFRAID OF ANYTHING
Quote:Also what are you planning on doing with that PC? like run new games like BF3?
are you going to make video's?
I will be wanting to play games like BF3, Far Cry 3, and new games. I understand that I won't get the best and highest settings but this is for now.
I am also going to try to get 2-3 more hard drives installed to make videos.

(05-02-2013, 02:58 PM)Salinsky Wrote: I think you should ask your uncle, reason for this being that he'll have something to distract him.
It will take his mind off your aunt for a little, which is good. At some point he has to move on, and I think this would be a good first step to take his mind off of it.

Personally I am confident that he'd love to help you, I don't know how your "relation" with your uncle is, but if it's a good relationship then I think that this will surely help him.

About the actual question; I haven't a clue which you should pick, sorry.
Ok. I am actually going to check up on him and when I do, I will ask him.
[Image: 8ua.gif]

Click this to see bacon
The following 1 user Likes TylerSparks's post:
  • Salinsky
(05-04-2013, 02:23 AM)wweee2345 Wrote: Second one is better hands down. Especially if you plan on upgrading to the new Haswell processors. The second one has more superior graphics and the processor is of much better standards, single threaded wise. I own a FX-8120 and wouldnt trade it for anything, but considering power usage and heat put off by most AMD Bulldozer and Vishera processors, I would definitely go Intel.

If you want to squeeze out a bit of extra performance and low power, this is a decent build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/URKb

All together you pay around the same price in the end with $40.00 in Mail-In Rebate

I agree with this all tho the memory only needs to be 1333 and the case could be some other to save more money and still get the performance.
Strength doesn't come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.