BR Squad
I stream my gameplay. I make sure that i get a HD recording, of everything i do. That means that whenever i break the rules, and i have seen it, they have got a ban.

I never say, "I recorded you, enjoy your ban". All that does is mean that they are prepared for you posting a Ban request, which gives them enough time to think of an excuse, to why they shouldn't get banned. If i was to ban someone, i would not actually tell them that they are getting banned, meaning that the moment they get banned, is a suprise to them, unless they check the courthouse.
When I make Ban Requests, which I rarely do at this point as I prefer telling people what they've done wrong and how to improve upon it. I do it to show the person that just because an administrator isn't on, doesn't mean the banhammer won't fall. You break the rules, you get punished. In the case of this thread though, I don't shove it in the players face and gloat that he's getting banned.
To be honest, it's only fair to inform them of a pending BR, not so thay can 'come up' with an excuse but so they can actually defend themselves from what might develop into an un-just ban.

It's a courthouse, and I believe that you should be aware of your crimes before you get judged.
i believe that the player should be sent a pm from the forum saying a BR has been posted against them the play who has posted it does not supply the normal "enjoy your ban X" so the BRed player has the chance to defend them-self against the ban given if they feel it is untrue or exagerated

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

My first step is usually telling the people what they're doing wrong, if the player is new I try to learn the player that they should read the rules. I always tell the player that I've posted a BR on them, I don't want them to take it as a "threat" but mainly as a chance to tell their side of the story, I might've just been wrong.
This is my biggest issue at this current time. Most of these ban request could just be avoided by actually helping the players. There are certain occasions where that is not that case like Mass RDM, CDM, or propkilling. Rules that are basically universal.

The amount of people that could just say, "Hey, you cannot do that. Try this." would make the server better as a whole. Some people do not listen and that is when you post a ban request. Before I was promoted I would always try and help people. Try and get people to model how you should behave when administrators are not online.
The following 6 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Verzyn, Makarov, dig, Ted, DoomDude1, Old Man Jokhah
(04-29-2013, 10:06 PM)Fultzy Wrote: This is my biggest issue at this current time. Most of these ban request could just be avoided by actually helping the players. There are certain occasions where that is not that case like Mass RDM, CDM, or propkilling. Rules that are basically universal.

The amount of people that could just say, "Hey, you cannot do that. Try this." would make the server better as a whole. Some people do not listen and that is when you post a ban request. Before I was promoted I would always try and help people. Try and get people to model how you should behave when administrators are not online.

That is a nice thing to do. A role model. I like those people.
Regards,
aviator
(04-29-2013, 08:32 PM)Ted Wrote: To be honest, it's only fair to inform them of a pending BR, not so thay can 'come up' with an excuse but so they can actually defend themselves from what might develop into an un-just ban.

It's a courthouse, and I believe that you should be aware of your crimes before you get judged.

That's a mature way of going about this I suppose. But the people I have in mind are those "lol you're getting banned, pwn3d noob." type. They might be just a little bit sadistic in a sense.
Also, before I knew what was double dooring, people were telling that I'm getting banned and shoving their arguments into my face in an immature and mean way as if I had just prop killed the entire server, when I simply didn't understand what am I doing wrong.
I am one of these people you hate.

I'm hated by a large amount of the community for doing exactly this. Although I do try to help them I can't help but get annoyed and irritated at the majority of them. After I watch the video, the majority of the time I am embarrased and ashamed that I'm so nasty to most of these people, yet when I am playing I can't help it.
I am trying to type now when consulting with people in out of character situations to avoid getting annoyed however sometimes people push me too far.

I am a cocky little twat who is always on everybody's case and I understand why people hate me so much. For this I am extremely sorry and I am desperately trying to improve my personality.

I guess I'm just fed up of countless people insulting me in the past and I just assume everyone is some major arsehole when most of the time they're good people.

If someone breaks a rule, it's not the end of the world.
Many thanks,
SamuelFTW / Aing

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:45455941&b=3]
Samuel, you should totally attend my next sadist rp session
The following 1 user Likes Serbobinwood's post:
  • Prosto