Reason why I haven't been on FL servers for a while
Sad 
My laptop decided to finally kick the bucket after 3 years of having it.

When I got a friend of mine to check it out, pretty grim. The Mobo had shorted out due to a worn out LCD wire from the screen, and on top of that my graphics chip had fallen out when he opened it up. Thankfully, all my hard drive content is safe.

My dad reasently got an new one, although its running on Win 8 and I can't play games on it for the mean time and because it ain't mine I don't like using it. Sad

But yeah, pretty much why I've been absent.

Random question, what would be a good laptop for around £300-400?
To be honest, if you've got 400 pound, you could get a low range-mid gaming PC. Enough to run GMod at 80 fps. However, if you're looking for a laptop in specific, PC World does a good range. The adverts usually showcase some of these.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
No. Don't go for a laptop. Go for a low-mid range gaming PC. Just like Nuka said....
(04-15-2013, 11:04 PM)Nuka Wrote: adverts

/advert cum get gud pee cees!!!

If you want to play some games, as they said get a low to mid range gaming pc
Get a mid range gaming laptop - problem solved.
Lolnope, laptops are hugely raised in price. You could get a 400 pound Tower with a 600-700 pound laptop with similar specs.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
I did get that laptop from Curry's/PC World, and it (I didn't know at the time) was their ownish brand(Advent). Which had a shite Battery life of less than an hour but it was a decent spec to run some games at the very bare minimum.

But thanks for the suggestions guys! Cheese

If I were going to get a Tower though, I rather one which I can get the parts for myself and build it. Tounge But I donno what would be the best parts for £400.... and with frame rates and graphics, don't care as long as it can run games at the medium.