How to: think of your own unique roleplay
Lightbulb 
How to: think of your own unique roleplay idea

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Method 1: Look at other roleplays.

Although you want a unique roleplay, it does not mean you can't adapt other people's roleplays to make them better or suited to you. Not only this, but looking at other people's roleplays can inspire you to do different roleplays and can help you gain ideas.

Step 1: Look on the forums and servers at many different types of roleplay.

Step 2: Think of ways to change/add to the roleplay. (Location, props, roles and services are good things to look at changing to make your roleplay your own.) The more you change, the more the roleplay becomes unique.
Step 3: Create your roleplay. Ask friends, players and even the FL team for their opinion on your roleplay idea. (Remember to also ask for constructive criticism as some players may just say they like it, to be nice.)
Step 4 Finally, proceed to do your roleplay. (Think about the feedback of the people you asked and maybe use it to adapt your roleplay.)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Method 2: Look at props.

Props have many different themes which suit many different types of roleplay. Just by looking through some of these props you can think of many roleplays.

Step 1: Scan through your proplist and look at every prop. (Make sure to check props from the 'games' section at the bottom as many games such as HL2 have many unique props.) While looking at each prop, think about what roleplays you could create with that prop and how the prop would be used.

Step 2: Taking your favourite roleplays from your ideas gathered from Step 1, look for similar props that could also fit into your roleplay.

Before going any further, make sure the props can be spawned and are not banned from the server.

Step 3: Create your dupe. Put together your props for your roleplay. After putting the props together ask friends, players and even the FL team for their opinions. (Remember to ask for constructive criticism as some players may only say they like it, to be nice)
Step 4: Proceed to do your roleplay. (Think of the feedback you have gathered from earlier to improve your roleplay)

Method 3: Look at real life.

On Fearless, you are roleplaying in a real life scenario, so why not look in real life for your ideas to roleplay? Looking at real businesses may inspire you to create a roleplay similar within the game.

Step 1: Look your local area (For this you could use Google Maps) and look at all of the businesses and roleplay potential environments OR look through a business directory (e.g. Yell) at all of the different types of businesses.

Step 2: Think of how you could create the roleplay within the game. Think of how you could adapt or change it to be more interesting to roleplay with. Maybe try to use the in game items to provide an actual product to the other players.
Step 3: Create your dupe and ask players, friends or even the FL team on their opinions on your roleplay. (Remember to ask for constructive criticism otherwise the player may say they like your roleplay to be nice.)
Step 4: Create your roleplay. (Use the feedback you gathered earlier in order to make your roleplay better.)

These are my methods in order to create a unique roleplay, however many people have their own method. If you have a method to create a unique roleplay, please share it below for others to use for themselves. Good methods may be added to this thread.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The following 5 users Like Aing's post:
  • Envy, dig, Von Tempski, GRiiM, Zan
Guide approved. Nicely worked.
Good job with the guide! I've used these method's before to gather idea's for my own Role-Play! Nicely done.
This is a good guide ,should have used it earlier ..the best rps are still the ones you enjoy the most - think of what you like, what you enjoy and then go ahead do a roleplay based on what you love.
Anyways thank you Smile
Nice post man, helped me out a lot, now I have a better understanding.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:70533265&b=12]

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
Nicely done, should be easier to find new role-plays to do.
Nice guide. I also have an addition - if your RP needs a group of people, then it's usually not the best to just jump on the server without planning and ask for people to join you. Make a thread, or get some friends together at a certain time.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
Really good guide, that's gonna help me start some good roleplays.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:29168554&b=9]
Thread edited.
Many thanks,
SamuelFTW / Aing

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:45455941&b=3]
Lovely guide!