Fix the job vehicles
Title of Suggestion: Fix the job vehicles

Description: The police car, ambulance, firetruck, and last yet worst of all; Taxi
They can't turn for #@%& at all, except for the police car, but it has the longest input delay.
The ambulance only turns every other time, and the only thing it's good for is gambling. You can be like "I bet $20 the ambulance will turn" "Oh yeah? Well I bet $50 it won't!"
The firetruck has police car sirens and can only rotate about 5 feet once a year (lol not really but you get my point)
And worste of all, it's impossible to drive a Taxi without one or more of these happening:
  1. Flipping the vehicle if you're trying to turn while going at least 15 mph
  2. Hitting 30 people because not only is it literately impossible to make a turn in less than 5 tries, but it's as if the brake mechanism decided "LETS GO ON VACATION FOREVER!"
  3. Losing 80+ health in less than five minutes because of crashing into walls and poles
  4. Getting it stuck in the world somehow

Why: I think you know why.

If this is accepted, this needs to be moved to #1 on the to-do list of suggestions. Seriously

The Ambulance has pretty perfect handling in my opinion, it's possibly the easiest job vehicle to drive and I've driven it for multiple days without CDM'ing anyone.

The Police car needs some fine tuning, what's the point of getting into a car chase as a cop when it's impossible to catch almost anyone as long as they can drive well.

The firetruck is without doubt the worst one, causes the most CDM's and problems and the taxi just doesn't turn.

-Support Ambulance/ +Support everything else.
Lead by example.
The following 1 user Likes Al sevenfold's post:
  • ChrilLe
(04-10-2013, 07:03 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote: The Ambulance has pretty perfect handling in my opinion, it's possibly the easiest job vehicle to drive and I've driven it for multiple days without CDM'ing anyone.

The Police car needs some fine tuning, what's the point of getting into a car chase as a cop when it's impossible to catch almost anyone as long as they can drive well.

The firetruck is without doubt the worst one, causes the most CDM's and problems and the taxi just doesn't turn.

-Support Ambulance/ +Support everything else.

The ambulance has good turning, the problem is sometimes it doesn't move and you have to try turning it again. And the ambulance is also slow, which is why you don't see many people CDMing with it.

The police car also has good turning, but once you press the key the police car doesn't even move until like 3 seconds later so you end up turning right into a wall a mile away from the place you wanted to turn.

The firetruck has terrible turning, unless you drift it. (why would you drift in a firetruck though lol) It does cause quite a bit of CDMs, but doesn't cause the most. It's probably the second that does the most CDMing, and #1 in intentional CDMs.

Taxis are THE WORST. It doesn't turn at all, yet it still finds ways to do a barrel roll 50 ft in the air then flip over. It is the #1 car responsible for accidental CDMs, and #3 or 4 of intentional CDMs. And not only does it not turn, but it's WAAAY too fast. Goes just as fast, if not faster, than the mustang, and it's speed does not go well with it's turning capability.
I don't care if they can't fix all the cars in time, I just want them to fix the taxi the most. Everyone does.

Bus have pretty bad handling too..

-support on ambulance, i go pretty fast to a place where someone did call me.
+support on rest
(04-10-2013, 07:57 PM)martin Wrote: Bus have pretty bad handling too..

-support on ambulance, i go pretty fast to a place where someone did call me.
+support on rest

Bus is okay. It takes awhile, but you can make a good turn in one try as long as you're going over 20 mph, which is the speed I usually go when I'm driving the bus.

I will say, ambulance is much better handling than the bus :p
(04-10-2013, 08:12 PM)martin Wrote: I will say, ambulance is much better handling than the bus :p

Well, compared to how long it takes to turn, yes, but only because the bus is longer so it has to bring it's long ass with it which takes twice as long because it's twice the size of the ambulance.

Script-wise, they have the same handling. Size-wise, Ambulance is better.

I've NEVER done taxiRP using that horrible car..

And the Police cars brakes!?

+Support EVERYHTING!
It's ruining RP's :'(
The following 1 user Likes Vati's post:
  • buffalobagingi
+Support.

The bus is actually really good considering its huge size. I love using the bus, can be quite realistic, but only if you drive at slightly slower speeds. Rarely see a bus going 40MPH in the city center.

All other vehicles could do with some 'maintenance'.

The Cabbie can be fine, but only if you drive at 10MPH which is slower than the Trabant. Doubt you would make much money at that speed.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • buffalobagingi
(04-11-2013, 07:56 AM)Aviator Wrote: +Support.

The bus is actually really good considering its huge size. I love using the bus, can be quite realistic, but only if you drive at slightly slower speeds. Rarely see a bus going 40MPH in the city center.

All other vehicles could do with some 'maintenance'.

The Cabbie can be fine, but only if you drive at 10MPH which is slower than the Trabant. Doubt you would make much money at that speed.

+Support.