Lets talk about... Dictatorship
(03-29-2013, 10:29 PM)The Honored Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 10:22 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 02:05 PM)The Honored Wrote: Joey, your number 1 already breaks a perma-law...

By doing what I did though, I stopped almost 90% of the crimes within the inner-city(the only other crime was Corleone/Rebel backed insurgents) and for the most part the Police/SS were just simply transferred for either slave camp watch, or given orders to defend the trenchline.

So in certain respects it's a matter of how you view things. Do you stop crime within the RP, or bow before perma laws? Is it morally correct to break rules at your expense but allow players to have greater freedoms, and be able to explore passive roleplay without the fear of not being able to make money?

The way I view things is if you've gotta break, and bend rules to ensure overall happiness... So be it. Your not going to help anything with your hands tied behind your back.

I've never even stated my opinion on the rules or breaking them lol, I am just stating that many people will not exactly be attracted to it if it is breaking the rules, it also sounds like you are telling people to break the rules if they personally think that it would be better (and this would justify a person to do many things, just because it is subjective)
Isn't that an interesting thing though? Every rule is subjective, and punishments for breaking these rules are forged by opinions.
I'd personally suggest abandoning all the perma-laws for sanity's sake.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
(03-29-2013, 10:54 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 10:29 PM)The Honored Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 10:22 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote:
(03-29-2013, 02:05 PM)The Honored Wrote: Joey, your number 1 already breaks a perma-law...

By doing what I did though, I stopped almost 90% of the crimes within the inner-city(the only other crime was Corleone/Rebel backed insurgents) and for the most part the Police/SS were just simply transferred for either slave camp watch, or given orders to defend the trenchline.

So in certain respects it's a matter of how you view things. Do you stop crime within the RP, or bow before perma laws? Is it morally correct to break rules at your expense but allow players to have greater freedoms, and be able to explore passive roleplay without the fear of not being able to make money?

The way I view things is if you've gotta break, and bend rules to ensure overall happiness... So be it. Your not going to help anything with your hands tied behind your back.

I've never even stated my opinion on the rules or breaking them lol, I am just stating that many people will not exactly be attracted to it if it is breaking the rules, it also sounds like you are telling people to break the rules if they personally think that it would be better (and this would justify a person to do many things, just because it is subjective)
Isn't that an interesting thing though? Every rule is subjective, and punishments for breaking these rules are forged by opinions.
I'd personally suggest abandoning all the perma-laws for sanity's sake.

But the rules are the rules, regardless of what you think of them, and you are supposed to follow the rules if you want to play on the server, just like how the laws can be thought of to be based on opinion.
Having rules is an oxymoron.
(03-29-2013, 10:57 PM)The Honored Wrote: But the rules are the rules, regardless of what you think of them, and you are supposed to follow the rules if you want to play on the server, just like how the laws can be thought of to be based on opinion.

I'm sure you have noticed by now that Joey, whilst recognising and understanding the rules extremely well, doesn't like to follow them. Hence why he is banned.

(03-29-2013, 11:03 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Having rules is an oxymoron.

Could you explain that please? I can't quite grasp how having rules is an oxymoron.
Rules are an oxymoron in the respects they are intended to promote a sense of security or sense of authority. Yet in most cases they give a sense of fear for authority, and fear for other players, in some respects causing stagnation. This is namely because players use rules as a threat towards other players.
For example, the whole FearRP issue. Players are not exactly afraid of the other user, but the rules tell them that if they have a weapon, you have to obey. So they obey, not because of RP, but because they don't wish to be blackmailed or banned.

The oxymoron in all of this is that the security promotes mingebaggey, and loaded threats.
(03-30-2013, 06:23 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Rules are an oxymoron in the respects they are intended to promote a sense of security or sense of authority. Yet in most cases they give a sense of fear for authority, and fear for other players, in some respects causing stagnation. This is namely because players use rules as a threat towards other players.
For example, the whole FearRP issue. Players are not exactly afraid of the other user, but the rules tell them that if they have a weapon, you have to obey. So they obey, not because of RP, but because they don't wish to be blackmailed or banned.

The oxymoron in all of this is that the security promotes mingebaggey, and loaded threats.

I see where you're coming from, I just found it less clear then typical oxymorons.
I just think it should be against the rules to ban Passive RP's just so noob cops can be arrest happy and to troll/want to be raided.

i.e. saying "Shops are banned!" or "Food is banned!" or "Chefs will be arrested on sight!"

Seriously. It's a serious RP server. If you don't want people to RP and just have them raid you 24/7, go on a DarkRP server.

You do realize CityRP is based off a DarkRP script, correct?
Whatever way you take the story, Kudomiku stole a gamemode called RP08 and renamed it to "Cider" which ended up being leaked by a co-developer of his group.
RP08 which was entirely based off DarkRP. Another key-feature to kinda point out this is that the entire concept of "Cops vs Robbers" and "Cops vs Money Printers" is still increasingly prevalent in CityRP.
(04-05-2013, 02:06 AM)Kiruclanz Wrote: I just think it should be against the rules to ban Passive RP's just so newbie cops can be arrest happy and to troll/want to be raided.

i.e. saying "Shops are banned!" or "Food is banned!" or "Chefs will be arrested on sight!"

Seriously. It's a serious RP server. If you don't want people to RP and just have them raid you 24/7, go on a DarkRP server.

No, this is not a serious RP server. This is a semi-serious RP server, don't forget that.
I would also like to ask, do you need a reason for dictator ship? because last time I was dictator admins asked why, but then when griim did it they didnt care.