Poll: Position on Gay Marriage (anon)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FOR homosexual marriage
71.07%
86 71.07%
AGAINST homosexual marriage
21.49%
26 21.49%
undecided
7.44%
9 7.44%
Total 121 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

#1- Gay Marriage y/n?
Like Adman and Honored stated, you can believe that it is not beneficial to society and still be for gay marriage.
What I'm interested in is understanding how your perceive gay marriage and hability to raise children to be, or not, beneficial for society as a whole.
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
I don't see any downsides to gay marriage?

What two gay people (or straight people for that matter) do has little or no impact on your life. I seem to understand the question as how is "straight" marriage (at its current state) beneficial to the society?
(03-28-2013, 02:08 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: I don't see any downsides to gay marriage?

What two gay people (or straight people for that matter) do has little or no impact on your life. I seem to understand the question as how is "straight" marriage (at its current state) beneficial to the society?

...heh...
Any society needs reproduction. Marriage is an institution, with its goal to better society. Contrary to common belief, people don't just get married if they're in "love". With that being said, heterosexual marriage betters society through pro-creative activity. And homosexual marriage? Well, I'm still waiting fr an answer on that one.
(03-28-2013, 02:19 PM)The Honored Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 02:08 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: I don't see any downsides to gay marriage?

...heh...
Any society needs reproduction. Marriage is an institution, with its goal to better society. Contrary to common belief, people don't just get married if they're in "love". With that being said, heterosexual marriage betters society through pro-creative activity. And homosexual marriage? Well, I'm still waiting fr an answer on that one.

In my opinion tolerance and equal rights for all people is a much more important trait to have in your society than extensive pro-creative activity. We have enough trailer park hicks living off beer and chicken wings, and I like to think that I am not insecure to the point where I have to give a damn whether two people that care about each other are living together as a married couple.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
(03-28-2013, 02:34 PM)Fiblez Wrote:

...heh...

In my opinion tolerance and equal rights for all people is a much more important trait to have in your society than extensive pro-creative activity. We have enough trailer park hicks living off beer and chicken wings, and I like to think that I am not insecure to the point where I have to give a damn whether two people that care about each other are living together as a married couple.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to offer here. Obviously, you support gay marriage, but is it beneficial?
(03-28-2013, 02:47 PM)The Honored Wrote:

...heh...

I'm really not sure what you're trying to offer here. Obviously, you support gay marriage, but is it beneficial?

Yes, people being compassionate and accepting their fellow human being as they are is beneficial to society.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
(03-28-2013, 02:54 PM)Fiblez Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 02:47 PM)The Honored Wrote:

...heh...

Yes, people being compassionate and accepting their fellow human being as they are is beneficial to society.
Ok, we are ONLY talking about benefits from gay marriage.
So if it would be beneficial to accept people for who they are, by your criteria, people marrying minors and pedophiles shouldn't be attacked in anyway, because that's just who they are, right?
(Btw, can't respond again for a bit)
re-posted I had some post-time error idk what that was.
I see people voting *against* gay marriage and yet not having the necessary testicular appendices do type-in a support for their opinion (not trying to steer away the ladies, ovaries are also accepted).

1) The main argument for marriage benefits and tax breaks is the economic stability of married households and thus the benefit for the economy as a whole. This applies unconditionally to homosexual couples as well.
2) Homosexuals can adopt, taking the burden off the state.
3) Adopted children raised by homosexual families will grow up in far superior socioeconomic conditions than government institutions, and will do better in life as a result
4) There is no peer reviewed study that shows children raised by homosexual parents are in any way disadvantaged than those raised by heterosexual ones. In 2005, the APA noted there had been 59 peer reviewed studies, all coming to the same conclusion, while zero studies found the opposite.
5) Homosexuals are statistically more likely to be better off financially than heterosexuals, thus contributing more on average to the state coffers. There is no concept of "leeching" off straight people, if anything it is the opposite.

Furthermore, there are a number of benefits for homosexuals themselves not covered by civil unions such as:

Ability to live in neighborhoods deemed "families only"
Access to survivor benefits in case of emergency
Access to spouse's crime victims' recovery benefits
Ability to file wrongful death claims
Right to shared property, child support, and alimony after divorce
Access to adopting children
Automatic inheritance of share assets after spouse's death
Veterans discounts based on spouse's armed forces status
Assumption of spouse's pension after death
Ability to file joint bankruptcy
Ability to collect unemployment benefits after leaving a job to relocate because of spouse's job move
Access to fostering children
Ability to invoke spousal right in a court of law
Prison visitation rights
Hospital visitation rights (in some states in zeh USA)

Gays can't do this as of the moment, by denying them these rights we are contributing for the maintenance of a damaging state of existence :v
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
The following 1 user Likes Rowan13's post:
  • GRiiM
Gay people should have the right to make the same terrible mistakes as straight people.
Yes, I will not mind at all. I will not however accept the invitation if I get invited for a gay marriage.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 2 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Ciryl, Ne0ster