Poll: Position on Gay Marriage (anon)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FOR homosexual marriage
71.07%
86 71.07%
AGAINST homosexual marriage
21.49%
26 21.49%
undecided
7.44%
9 7.44%
Total 121 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

#1- Gay Marriage y/n?
(06-18-2013, 09:05 AM)CodeDenzy Wrote: 1) Growing up with 2 male farther's or 2 female mother's is quite difficult, either both dads with apply too much harshness, as a natural male trait is punishment and hard work, you would not have a soft mother to calm you down, or generally oppose ideas created by your farther.

2) For the child it will be not beneficial, because most of the society will see him/her as an outcast for having a gay family, I am afraid to much of the society still doesn't except this and this child will receive bullying.

You could apply your rationale in extremis to single parent families, say a single dad without a mother, or vis versa, i'm sure plenty of people have developed into well rounded individuals coming from these backgrounds and are perfectly adjusted.

As to your second point, does this not mean society is at fault? For victimising people for a) circumstances beyond their scope and b) something people have no control over, if we recognise homosexuality as a natural occurrence and not a choice. Expanding on this surely it means gay marriage is beneficial if it forces society to confront it's prejudices and expand into a more tolerant world? If gay marriage was allowed and condoned and became wider spread in todays age then surely there would be much less prejudice regarding the matter, and more tolerance.

The better question to ask is what exactly is marriage? Is it a civil union between two parties? Or is it a religious ceremony? If people are asking for recognition legally for their union I see no qualm with it. But if they want Religious union before their chosen faith, I can understand a certain hypocrisy and dilemma arising from this.

But if it challenges religious doctrine and forces society to have an epiphany that religion is just a social control mechanism we have inherited from the days before science, then I feel it really would help to heal the divide in the world caused by religious intolerance.
The following 1 user Likes Eisenhorn's post:
  • Salpicao