Facing My Fear Ended Up Like This
So I've always had a huge fear for reptiles. I always screamed and sometimes even teared up only by looking at a picture of a reptile on google. But guess what?
My mom decided to adopt a bearded dragon and I yelled at her not to do it. I was certain that this would be my worst nightmare, having a scaly, creepy reptile in my own home. I mean, I'm so used to cats and dogs. Furry, cute things. But.. a reptile?! I thought I was never gonna leave my room, or at least never have any social contact with it.

But I was wrong. When little Oden (I prefer calling him Holdem Blush) came home, I didn't react the way I thought I would. I was brave enough to let him cling onto me, petting him and just getting along with him. I've only been with him for a few hours and I'm already attached to him, and he's attached to me. Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4zIrXOdtI
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 5 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • ousmN, buffalobagingi, DubpleRW, Warior135, fuz3_r3tro
Lol you seem so scared in the video.

Everything you described is the same fear I have, except instead of repitles, for me it's insects. (Especially the Palmetto bug...) But if my mother were to buy me a pet Palmetto bug, I doubt it would end the same way your situation ended with reptiles because NO ONE likes insects, and most that do are usually white trash, grew up around insects, work with insects (like an exterminator) or are just mentally unstable.

DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Is this a joke?
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
The following 1 user Likes kakcraft's post:
  • DecayXV
Now you are ready to have yourself your own home Komodo dragon <3
He's adorable.

Doesn't matter what kind of animal it is. Some people are afraid of dogs and cats. A fear is a fear.
The following 3 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • GRiiM, Humla, Warior135
I have a big fear of spiders, seeing them on Google makes me cringe and I have to check all around my room for them to make sure I'm alone :3

Great job on conquering your fear! Cheese
(03-15-2013, 08:54 PM)Infernaw Wrote: So I've always had a huge fear for reptiles. I always screamed and sometimes even teared up only by looking at a picture of a reptile on google. But guess what?
My mom decided to adopt a bearded dragon and I yelled at her not to do it. I was certain that this would be my worst nightmare, having a scaly, creepy reptile in my own home. I mean, I'm so used to cats and dogs. Furry, cute things. But.. a reptile?! I thought I was never gonna leave my room, or at least never have any social contact with it.

But I was wrong. When little Oden (I prefer calling him Holdem Blush) came home, I didn't react the way I thought I would. I was brave enough to let him cling onto me, petting him and just getting along with him. I've only been with him for a few hours and I'm already attached to him, and he's attached to me. Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ4zIrXOdtI

Hahaahawwhh! So cute! Skeptical
Now I know what you look like too! Awesome! Smile
Need houses, bases, high tech bases or other advanced duplicates?
/PM Wabbit in-game or add Wabbit on Steam for further information.

Holdem is very brave there.. awww...

I want to hold a big snake once on my arm, not as pet but just once. ^^
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Yeah he is :3

There should be a similar place where you can hold a snake, in like animal exhibits. Smile