new account ....how i...help..
(03-12-2013, 11:14 PM)Darkkel Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 07:03 PM)Midget Wrote: You have to IP ban them, I'm not really sure how it works, but when you IP ban them you ban the IP of their actuall computer or something, so they can't make a new account; you would still be banned.

IP Ban = Fail. You can change your IP as you change your clothes.
MAC Address ban = Win. Can't be changed, or hardly. Some people gonna cry "You can change your network interface MAC ! DUMB NUB !". Modem's MAC can't be changed, face it.
Steam ID ban = Half-win (depends if they're rich/dumb enough to have several accounts)

That is pretty much wrong, you won't stand a chance with a Static IP. Well, with a Dynamic IP it's exactly how you said it : 1..2..3.. Reboot Modem.. Done..
(03-13-2013, 06:28 PM)DubpleRW Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 11:14 PM)Darkkel Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 07:03 PM)Midget Wrote: You have to IP ban them, I'm not really sure how it works, but when you IP ban them you ban the IP of their actuall computer or something, so they can't make a new account; you would still be banned.

IP Ban = Fail. You can change your IP as you change your clothes.
MAC Address ban = Win. Can't be changed, or hardly. Some people gonna cry "You can change your network interface MAC ! DUMB NUB !". Modem's MAC can't be changed, face it.
Steam ID ban = Half-win (depends if they're rich/dumb enough to have several accounts)

That is pretty much wrong, you won't stand a chance with a Static IP. Well, with a Dynamic IP it's exactly how you said it : 1..2..3.. Reboot Modem.. Done..

Static IP are used ONLY for companies or for people hosting websites/servers. Normal "users" got a dynamic IP except if clearly asked to get a static one ... Who's the server admin (IRL speaking) here ? You or me ? Go check it and come back.