Internet problems
Sup. Whenever more than 1 person is using the internet at one time it starts slowing down. I've tried restarting my router and such and it continues. Anyone have an idea or two to help?
Upgrade you'r internet.
[Image: Epics_sig.jpg]
War. War never changes
The following 1 user Likes epicface11's post:
  • TheDoctorâ„¢
What is your current internet speed and how far your PC is from the router?
Hello Jerry Microwave,

Here are some advices that could help you to reduce your lag,
  • If your ping is above 100, you have a bad connection to the internet. You can fix the lag by fixing your internet connection or moving to France.
  • If your FPS is low (check with net_graph 1, <30 is low) then you need to lower your game video settings, your screen resolution, and sound quality of the game. Try to lower shadows, this takes a lot of GPU (graphic card) power. After that try to decrease your distance of view. If you have still lag, lower all the other settings as well.
  • Do not open unnecessary applications, Windows Live, Internet Explorer or or even a simple text document.
  • Do not put wallpaper on your desktop.

I hope that I helped you,
Generation.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
The following 1 user Likes Generation's post:
  • Deriptz
Check what the other person is doing and do a virus scan on all PC's in the network.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
(03-12-2013, 12:50 PM)Generation Wrote: Hello Jerry Microwave,

Here are some advices that could help you to reduce your lag,
  • If your ping is above 100, you have a bad connection to the internet. You can fix the lag by fixing your internet connection or moving to France.
  • If your FPS is low (check with net_graph 1, <30 is low) then you need to lower your game video settings, your screen resolution, and sound quality of the game. Try to lower shadows, this takes a lot of GPU (graphic card) power. After that try to decrease your distance of view. If you have still lag, lower all the other settings as well.
  • Do not open unnecessary applications, Windows Live, Internet Explorer or or even a simple text document.
  • Do not put wallpaper on your desktop.

I hope that I helped you,
Generation.

I might be wrong, but I thing he meant his Internet in general, not only in-game.. Smile

A tip I learned from a wise guy was that if you have MORE then ONE virus protection program or "anti-virus" program, it can slow down your computer! Check if you have more then one program and delete the "unnecessary(s)" anti-virus program.

Also, are you running wireless? Then, you might need to change the so called Control Channel to a higher number! Smile

Good Luck!!
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Well, the others included near enough everything, but they did miss out QoS (Quality of Service), most routers do have this built in but some older ones (And the BT Home Hub 3, which is new...) do not, this will edit your connection speed to the router as others join the network to share out the connection evenly, check your router to see if you have options for this, you may be able to chance the priority of your PC, to access your routers Admin Panel try typing in the adress bar either:
If neither work please Google your router model!
The default password might be username: admin and password: admin or it will be included in the routers box.

Hope this helps! :)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39386812&b=4]

Find my reply useful? Please 'Like' it!