Late Appeal - [FL:RP] Aviator
Exclamation 
(Note: I am well aware that this appeal is late however due to circumstances out of my control I was unable to post this on Sunday 3rd March - my internet went down and has only just recovered.

I am also well informed as to the unban request rules and that generally appeals for suspensions that are 24hrs or under are not permissible. Here is what Killjoy states:
Quote:Doesn't matter if it's less than 24 hours or not, if it's issued on false grounds it will be removed. These cases should be reported to an admin or SA via PM.

Now, I post this here so that it is more easily discussed in a public manner. Copies will be private messaged to the appropriate individuals.
If an administrator/supervising administrator rather discuss this entirely via the private messaging system, then obviously I will take this down if asked to.)

I believe it is also necessary to note why I bother appealing a 24 hour suspension in the first place. The answer is rather clear, it is due to the consequential and pivotal nature of suspensions themselves. Half of the ban is preventing access to the servers and as punishment whereas the other half of the punishment comes from the ever lasting record of said ban. In my eyes this ban is a mistake and should someone look in weeks or months time at it they will see a player who has two bans now (The first deservedly so) with one of them containing a lengthy and at first glance a somewhat serious demeanor. Therefore, I hope we can discuss this civilly and maturely because I will take this seriously, despite the length.

Now, let us proceed with the appeal.

Your name: [FL:RP] Aviator

Your ban ID: 26119

Banned by: [FL:M] Jokhah

Reason: Fail RP, Random Raid, Random flares, Random shooting, Punchwhoring

Involved: [FL:RP] GRiiM; [FL:RP] Pavilion; Mr.Tie A. Disc jockey (DJ) and I.

Why we should unban you:

I believe it is best that we deal with each of the reasons stated in turn. Logically pointing out my events of the story whilst offering my views on why I believe they are mistakes/unjust.

"Fail RP": I assume this is a blanket term (As is often used by moderators/administrators) to refer to the rest of the suspension as being perceived as 'failures in roleplay'. Now, because I cannot pinpoint a certain event where this would be applied I will continue with this assumption, please correct me if I am mistaken.

"Random Raid": Perhaps the most significant of the reasons given. On Saturday night, when the events occurred, a gathering of myself, GRiiM, Mr. Tie, and Pavillion were located outside of the Nexus garage. Looking at the bans, it appears another player 'luciek' was involved however I have no recollection of this player and thus cannot give any accurate information as to what happened with him/her. Admittedly, I was holding a Galil in the lowered position after recently being raided whilst trying to attain an income via contraband. Now, I am well aware holding a gun out in public is not the most kosher of roleplaying acts but I was a Criminal and paranoid in the sense of the prior raid. Anyhow, it was then that I noticed Mr. Tie (Full name Mr. Tie A. Disc jockey (DJ) - I shall refer to him as Mr. Tie) picklocking the garage door. Puzzled, I naively followed him in but upon noticing his intent to raid immediately holstered my weapon and proceeded to erratically inform him of how he had absolutely no reason to raid. Pavillion too noticed this, holstering his weapon and from what I witnessed Mr. Tie proceeded to keypad crack the compound (Thereby securing his intent to raid) and enter, then sounding as if he traded gunfire with officers. At no point did I enter the keypadded compound and immediately backed off and proceeded to return around towards the Bank of America.
After reading this, I hope it is apparent that at no time did I have any intentions of raiding and to punish me for thus I find rather unfair; I even attempted to prevent Mr. Tie from raiding with no grounds to do so however my attempts were for nowt - he proceeded to 'raid'.

"Random flares": First, I would like to point out the use of plural "flares" here. I only fired one and realise that at the time with pressurised circumstances it would be easy to slip, therefore I shall continue to explain why I fired a single flare, not multiple. To describe the situation simply, pardon my french, it was a clusterfuck. There was a huge number of people, tensions were high and at the time I actually received a gunshot wound (Randomly if we were to look at it in more depth) whilst holding a flare. Considering the situation, and also that I was under attack, my character decided to fire the flare in his hands in a moment of panic. Incorrectly, it seems flares are always presumed to only be used to notify emergency services however currently they are the only form of 'shock/surprise' crowd control. It is for this reason, though admittedly in a panicked sense, that the flare was fired. Now, I would like to think of myself as a decent roleplayer and have done more than a fair share of passive roleplays and therefore I do realise that firing the flare wasn't the smartest thing to do. But given the circumstances was it really random and did it warrant a ban? I don't think so.

"Random shooting": This section I am afraid I must disagree with completely. Upon recently being raided by the government and roleplaying as a criminal gang, a lone officer walking up to a group of armed men and acting rowdy is not to be taken lightly. Thus, upon him refusing to back off when asked to I proceeded to fire a few rounds into the floor at his feet as a means of intimidation. Aggressive of course, but aggressiveness isn't against the rules and as I have just explained; definitely not random.

It is here that I would like to point out why I believe this perceived prefix of random was used. At no point was I questioned as to why I fired the flare, why I raided (Though I didn't) and why I fired at the ground before the officer. Now, I am aware that it was late and likely Jokhah had a lot on his hands dealing with a full server and also the clusterfuck that was going on near the Nexus and so perhaps it was too easy to slip through the questioning, understandably so. But this is why we have the Courthouse right? I have now explained why I performed the actions I did and why I believe they were unfair.

"Punchwhoring": Personally, I don't like this term but that is another story. Is what I did 'whoring' (In my eyes, whoring seems to be an intentional and consistent use of the act [in this case punching] to the point where it is borderline trolling). To be honest, I don't think so. At one point, I did exchange some friendly blows with GRiiM (Part of our group) and so I never directed any punching at anyone who I did not know. As far as I am aware, GRiiM never protested this and similar to court, if they don't press charges then nothing comes about. Excuse the analogy, I know it isn't entirely relevant but it demonstrates my state of mind well. I exchanged a few blows with a consenting partner and overall do not believe this constituted 'punchwhoring' or if anything a ban.

In conclusion, I hope that after reviewing this case with a subjective mind you consider revoking the suspension as I truly believe it was unfair. The sheer effort I have put into outlining each point is evidence that I take this seriously and don't consider this a simple 'rage' appeal or a half-hearted attempt to get it revoked.

If you have any queries about any of the points outlined here, please feel free to ask.
Regards,
aviator
Random Raid - So basically you are saying you followed Mr Tie into the house that he was raiding at first with a weapon but then holistered it and continued going in with him saying that he should not be doing it?

Random Flare - All I have to say is why do you have a flare in the first place? Why are you in a group of people running around with a flare out? That is a situation of FailRP if you are running around with a flare and shot it in a group of people.

The other matters I cannot make a valid judgement on but I would love some clearing up with these two situations right here.
For the 'punch-whoring', yes he was doing it in a friendly manner (sounds strange when you think about it ^_^).
I know that many players including administrators punch their friends for a bit of fun and to get each others attention.

I personally had no problems with him doing this.
(03-06-2013, 06:36 PM)Fultzy Wrote: Random Raid - So basically you are saying you followed Mr Tie into the house that he was raiding at first with a weapon but then holistered it and continued going in with him saying that he should not be doing it?

Random Flare - All I have to say is why do you have a flare in the first place? Why are you in a group of people running around with a flare out? That is a situation of FailRP if you are running around with a flare and shot it in a group of people.

The other matters I cannot make a valid judgement on but I would love some clearing up with these two situations right here.

Right, I'll gladly clean this up.

"So basically you are saying you followed Mr Tie into the house that he was raiding at first with a weapon but then holistered it and continued going in with him saying that he should not be doing it?"

Firstly, it was the Nexus garage. Basically, I followed him in momentarily (simultaneously holstering my weapon as I cross the boundary so to speak) and via microphone and chat alike I urge him to stop raiding; he has no reason to. Upon seeing him continue to raid, I leave. I do believe this was mentioned above, but perhaps I waffled a bit.

"All I have to say is why do you have a flare in the first place? Why are you in a group of people running around with a flare out? That is a situation of FailRP if you are running around with a flare and shot it in a group of people."

See, when reading my explanation it is clear that you imagine me running around with a flare typical of many 'flare' minges. Re-reading this I can see straight away why you see this ambiguity, and I thank you for clearing it up. I said I had it out already, but actually what I meant was that I had it equipped. I wasn't running around with it in people's faces. Upon being fired at, I got it out (In the very literal sense, it is now visible) and proceeded to fire. I didn't fire it at a group of people, I fired it in the air; as a panic reflex if we look at the deepest roleplay side of things. I have already admitted to it not being the utmost in fine roleplay, but it still was roleplay and to be banned for it is unfair. I have explained how it wasn't random.

I hope this clears things up for you, if not feel free to query me.
Regards,
aviator
Certainly a lot to be discussed here.

We shall have to await Jokhah's input.
Okay, deliberated with an admin about the issue. Random Raiding and Punchwhoring should be removed from your record. Random flare, Random shooting, and the subsequent fail RP stand bro.

I was there when you fired the flare. You weren't taking fire. someone was shooting the ground. your whole team was right next to you when you fired it so it's not a call for help, it's not calling for a rally, it's not a signal to do something. Right after you fired your flare, griim fired one too. griim was practically next to you and pavilion and tie were 2m from you on the corner.

Randomly shooting, I remember you firing your gun at the ground.

Fail RP, no rp value to either event listed above.

Random raiding: Please remove as it's a misunderstanding. HOWEVER. Do not follow a rule breaker into a rule break again. It creates a bad image for you.

Punchwhoring: Please remove as other players including FL staff tend to punch each other as a friendly hello. As this example has been displayed before it is in poor form to hold it against the player base.

Any other comments or concerns, contact me via forum pm or post here, I shall pay attention to this issue till it is closed.
(03-06-2013, 08:19 PM)Jokhah Wrote: Okay, deliberated with an admin about the issue. Random Raiding and Punchwhoring should be removed from your record. Random flare, Random shooting, and the subsequent fail RP stand bro.

I was there when you fired the flare. You weren't taking fire. someone was shooting the ground. your whole team was right next to you when you fired it so it's not a call for help, it's not calling for a rally, it's not a signal to do something. Right after you fired your flare, griim fired one too. griim was practically next to you and pavilion and tie were 2m from you on the corner.

Randomly shooting, I remember you firing your gun at the ground.

Fail RP, no rp value to either event listed above.

Random raiding: Please remove as it's a misunderstanding. HOWEVER. Do not follow a rule breaker into a rule break again. It creates a bad image for you.

Punchwhoring: Please remove as other players including FL staff tend to punch each other as a friendly hello. As this example has been displayed before it is in poor form to hold it against the player base.

Any other comments or concerns, contact me via forum pm or post here, I shall pay attention to this issue till it is closed.

Alterations made.

This is to be left open until either Aviator or Jokhah posts here to declare the situation as dealt with.
After careful review of posted information via PM's, I'll support lifting this ban. Be more careful in the future with your actions. Your a good player, I don't want you to circle the drain bro.
Appeal approved.