[Guide] The Government
Updated 12/15/13 1304.5hrs -8GMT(PST)

[Image: government-building-icon-hi.png]
The Government

A Concise Guide to a Major Part of CityRP.

City RP is a very broad gamemode capable of meeting your dream roleplaying server. The rules are stern, allowing a very fluid and wonderful roleplaying experience. The Government is a branch of the server that can take up to 18 slots total. 6 Police Officers, 1 Watch Commander, 3 Strategic Response Units, 1 Strategic Response Unit Sergeant, and the President. 6 miscellaneous jobs are also available, Paramedics and Firefighters. 3 slots are available for each.

Quick Stats

Colors

President
SRU Sergeant
SRU
Commander
Police Officer
Paramedic
Fireman

Spoiler :
Note payrolls are 2x when you have donator status

Spoiler :
President:
Payroll: Decided Upon Taxes
Kevlar: Y
Spawn Immunity: Y
Spawns with Weapon: N

Spoiler :
SRU Sergeant
Payroll: $250
Spawn Immunity: N
Spawns with Weapon: Y

Spoiler :
SR Unit
Payroll: $200

Spoiler :
Police Watch Commander
Payroll: $250

Spoiler :
Police Officer
Payroll: $200
Spawn Immunity: B

Spoiler :
Paramedic
Payroll: $175
Kevlar: N

Spoiler :
Fireman
Payroll: $175
Kevlar: N

In Depth Analysis

President
The president of EvoCity [EC] is the governmental backbone for all of the city and it's inhabitants. This form of government is called a dictatorship, and this cannot be changed until more people step up as citizens to Roleplay as Congressmen, Senators, Reps, etc., establish a Democracy, etc., or any other type of power. A common power most people take is either an Authoritarianism power or a Dictatorship power. They are very both like each other, however in Authoritarianism, the entire government, and not the people, have a say in what goes on. A Dictatorship however only has the one "true" leader making the laws. Be wary however of rebel activity.

Many people love a good president. You cannot have a good president with many key factors. You must have the vertebrae of the backbone, the Special Response Units, as well as footmen police units. Without these key vital components to your government spine, a single man with a crowbar is able to take you down considering Presidents cannot spawn and equip any form of lethal/non-lethal weaponry.

If you ever decide taking up the prestigious role of leading the city, make sure before stating any laws that you are hiring, and once you feel like you can start making your own custom laws, go right ahead.

Special Commands
/broadcast _
/radio _
/warrant search ID# time
/warrant arrest ID# time
/lockdown

Strategic Response Unit Sergeant
The HSRU, or the sergeant, is second to top on the chain of command, which DoomDude1 has generously provided already, find it anywhere on this job title starting here.

Not only do I recommend a microphone to play Fearless with, I recommend one especially for this job and the Police Watch Commander. Being the leader of a special forces group taking some patience and a lot of typing, so may as well express it all verbally to save time and typos.

The HSRU is unique compared to the standard SR Units. His player model is signified especially by his red beret on his head, per regular SR Units have a hat and comms device.
You should always stay inside of the President's office, treat it as your HeadQuarters, which is really should be. Have a dupe at your disposal for an office HQ in one of the security rooms.
Schedule out your SR Units and assign them special roles inside of the Nexus. Nothing is more boring than being manned at one place. This can lead the event of SR Units quitting their job. Have a rotation every 10 minutes between the lobby, jail, and office and this can solve the problem.
Never leave less than 2 SR Units of any type in the office. One in the Jail and One in the lobby is plentiful for their areas.

There are no unique radio signals for the HSRU.

Strategic Response Unit

The lowest rank in the Special Services, you can however earn rank if your President or HSRU decides to promote you via roleplay.

You listen to the men up top, and that is final. The police officers below you do not have authority over you, and you actually have authority over them, so take initiative.
A mic for this job role is essential, because you never know when talking may save your life in a firefight.

Police Watch Commander

The Watch Commander is a fancy and official way of saying your supervisor or sergeant. All departments, at least in the U.S., use this term. Larger departments like NYC have Supervisors (Sergeants) and Watch Commanders (Lieutenants), however EC only has a sergeant. The Watch Commander is also a newer term rather than old.

Control your pawns. Your officers will listen to you if you get the point across, but it's recommended you set up a roleplay with well-known roleplayers for a very fluid experience.
Setting 3 men in the city, 2 in the tunnel, and 1 outside the city seems to work especially well when playing CityRP, and it should also work for the new commander in the city.

Special Commands
/warrant search ID# reason
/warrant arrest ID# reason

Police Officer

You're the pawn that was mentioned up above. Have a mic at hand in case you need to use it during a pursuit or anything else that permits its usage.

Listen to your superiors, which is everybody besides Auxiliary Services. Nothing is more annoying than a defiant cop.
Before you take your first step, mention that you are in service (10-8 code), and reload your pistol. Also arm yourself with personal shotguns / Uzis if needed/required. Even if you don't spawn your car, it is recommended to spawn it outside the Nexus for fast getaways to a backup call you may recieve.

Special Commands
/warrant search ID# reason
/warrant arrest ID# reason

Paramedic

You're a pretty important role, however this one doesn't require a mic even though having one is recommended for general roleplay.

Look at the radio and the request calls, seriously. Many do not like it when you have a defiant paramedic, too. And like the Police Officer, call in you are in play as a Paramedic and spawn your ambulance near the bank so cops have more precious room closer to the Nexus. It's recommended if you are on the move in your ambulance to always look at your gas meter in case you have to go across the entire map. Those 10 seconds of refilling may be in jeopardy of saving that mans life.

There are no unique radio signals for the Paramedic.

Fireman

You're also important. You stop fires. You're awesome for taking this job up. A mic isn't required for this job, but as I already established, it is recommended for a general RP experience.

Not a whole lot of people like to take this job up, actually. So while you're the fireman in town, try to attend to as many fires as possible. Before you take a step, relay that you are in service and ready to attend to any fires both in the team radio and the advert channel to let people know you can save their structures from burning down.

There are no unique radio signals for the Fireman.

COMING SOON

•New and Updated Codes List
•More info for all jobs
•Pictures!
•More I Haven't Thought of Yet

Spot a bug/glitch/typo/anything that concerns you? Let me know below and Ill be sure to fix it up for you all.
The following 3 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • D0ctor, RRK, Hyde
Guide approved.

Thank you for sending this guide!
Regards,
aviator
Oh my goodness! Hahaha thanks Aviator, ill have to review this to make sure its accurate, this WAS before I even enrolled in the academy.
Good guide. I'd like to point out that it's not Hss and SS anymore, it's SRU and HSRU.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(12-14-2013, 06:35 PM)myfloodify Wrote: Good guide. I'd like to point out that it's not Hss and SS anymore, it's SRU and HSRU.

Look at when this was posted up for review mate xD
Feburary 24th of this year, haha
(12-14-2013, 06:38 PM)Jarz Wrote:
(12-14-2013, 06:35 PM)myfloodify Wrote: Good guide. I'd like to point out that it's not Hss and SS anymore, it's SRU and HSRU.

Look at when this was posted up for review mate xD
Feburary 24th of this year, haha

Oohhh... Opps
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Thread going under more constuction.
Thanks for this guide!
Now I will be less confused when I see people using these codes in the radio.
i have self control
Annnnd It's Updated.
(12-15-2013, 09:06 PM)Jarz Wrote: Annnnd It's Updated.

Fantastic work! Looking very good and detailed.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • yarrrs