How to make it easier to exit through a fading door.
Are you tired of having to punch in the code again or holding down a button when exiting your mighty fort of doom on GMod? I have the solution for you: A keypad that opens a fading door for 3 seconds without having to use a code! Now pardon me, I'm going to try to explain this the best I can.

Basicly, make a fading door with the prop of your choice. Use whatever numpad button you want and uncheck toggle.

Now, make two keypads, one on each side of the door.

Use these settings for the keypads. (Choose the code and numpad button yourself.)
[Image: unled2jc.png]
Use this one for the side that you enter the fort or whatever.

[Image: unled1at.png]
Use this one for the side you exit, and would otherwise use a button.

When you enter, you would still have to punch in the code, but when you exit, you can just press OK on the keypad, and the door will stay open for 3 secs. This is the equivalent of having a regular door set to auto-close after 3 secs, with a keypad on one side and a button on the other side. This will make it a lot easier to exit, while still making it hard to enter unless you know the code. I hope this helps.
The following 3 users Like TB990's post:
  • SoulRipper, furlings, Noobias
Good tip, but one question: Why not using just a button to exit the base?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Because you have to aim it, sometimes I stay stucked into the door.
(04-11-2011, 08:59 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Good tip, but one question: Why not using just a button to exit the base?

Because with fading doors, you will have to hold the button down or have the door set to toggle, and that's just a pain in the ass.
Thanks for the tips.
(04-11-2011, 08:59 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: Good tip, but one question: Why not using just a button to exit the base?

Because it will look cooler, havent you noticed that when people see a keypad they dont even bother trying? That will make people think that it is locked.
(04-14-2011, 11:40 PM)-Leo Gallante- Wrote:

Because it will look cooler, havent you noticed that when people see a keypad they dont even bother trying? That will make people think that it is locked.

What's the point of this post?