Unban Request: Myfloodify
(02-21-2013, 03:45 AM)The Honored Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 03:11 AM)Fultzy Wrote: Here is this situation in a real life situation. You buy a car off a guy in real life. You do not look at the car fully and just look on the outside and admire it. But you then get pulled over by the police. They think something is real fishy with your car. They then ask to search the car which you have no problem with because its a new car and nothing is in it. The police then find crack underneath the chair. You sit there and try to tell the cop that it isnt your drugs. But that doesnt work.

The moral of the story is do not use a dupe that you receive from someone without inspecting the dupe. You do not know what is hidden on the inside.

Why the hell would anyone let cops search their car for no reason? "They think something is real fishy with your car" lol
learn 2 amendments

I mean, your user title is Radical American, yeah?

I believe officers can search your vehicle if they please, it's not your home so it doesn't need a warrant. At least in Spain.

Regarding this whole ban:

myfloodify Wrote:1: You could just gone offline or blocked me until you felt like the "storm" might be over. But fine.

He shouldn't take actions to protect himself from your words. It's your own fault, and even though I understand that you were angry, it's no excuse to start insulting people, specially a member of staff who only did what he's there to do. It's his duty and he did so. Please take the time you were banned to calm down and come back (If you wish), with a better attitude.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
(02-21-2013, 04:09 AM)Holdem Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 03:45 AM)The Honored Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 03:11 AM)Fultzy Wrote: Here is this situation in a real life situation. You buy a car off a guy in real life. You do not look at the car fully and just look on the outside and admire it. But you then get pulled over by the police. They think something is real fishy with your car. They then ask to search the car which you have no problem with because its a new car and nothing is in it. The police then find crack underneath the chair. You sit there and try to tell the cop that it isnt your drugs. But that doesnt work.

The moral of the story is do not use a dupe that you receive from someone without inspecting the dupe. You do not know what is hidden on the inside.

Why the hell would anyone let cops search their car for no reason? "They think something is real fishy with your car" lol
learn 2 amendments

I mean, your user title is Radical American, yeah?

I believe officers can search your vehicle if they please, it's not your home so it doesn't need a warrant. At least in Spain.

You obviously wonder who I am so let me introduce myself. I am just a simple player, who has'nt played specifically Garry's mod that much in my days... But i have taken part in many great communities which have had much to disscuss. As a new player to your community, I like to know it better by checking the community threads, bans, promotions, Adminlist etc. and i want to place som words about what i've seen thus far.
First of all, I'd like to say that this specific thread about myfloodify's ban is utterly ridicoulos or even disastrous. The ban placed by Moderator Salinsky was completely wrong and there were several ways to avoid this complete matter we currently have at hand.
Salinsky made a desicion with extreme post-haste, though it's mentioned that he had taken time chatting with another member of the community. Since i were'nt playing when this occured, i have no idea how the scenario progressed before this thread was placed, but i have two (Believably) good guesses.
One: Things took place as they did and Salinsky warned him but myfloodify sadly didn't respond as he should and therefor got banned.
Second: (which is highly believable according to the thread and what's been posted) Salinsky DIDN'T warn nor tell myfloodify before the ban occured which is a utterly disastrous choice by a moderator who's been a member for a great period of time and through that know myfloodify, his past mischeif, friendlyness and especially his knowledge about the servers rules (As I've grasped it, this is about a missplaced prop, that myfloodify hasn't been informed is banned, according to him.) A Ban through that matter is out of hand and shouldn't exist on the charts. I wouldn't sit here, typing this message to you all, if Solinsky just told him about the banned prop first, letting myfloodify atone for his wrong (which he surely wouldn't progress to do twice). But the only thing he gets as a direct response is: You should know better. The problem there is that he appearently didn't.
Then we have the comparison with the "car story". All I can say is that it's complete rubbish. It's totally irrelevant to the current situation but if you forcefully see a connection between the part when the cops search the car because "They think something is real fishy with your car",
There.
Is.
None... In Spain this may by all means be an acceptable deed by the police. But in the vast majority of countries (simply almost every country in the world) this is not an acceptable thing to do by a police officer. NO. NEVER. this excludes the fact that they may have a official Order by an higher statet authority, which allows them to proceed with the search of the car.
(sorry for the irrelevant statement, but i don't want anyone unfairly treated because of som rules in a single country, possibly several... I hope my point is proven.)

Lastly, i want to say that if Salinsky possibly will become an admin, he'll have to really think about his choices in banning. Just think about it, it's a PROP. A single entity, existing in a virtual world were reality is simply not THERE. The matter would've been don just by clicking a button, a simple button as "Delete prop".

Think CAREFULLY about this, don't reply to this with a lame excuse like " don't question authority" or " i saw it as the optimal solution". It will not suffice as an answer.

With this you have my regards. I can assure you that this message is the last your community will get from me, since it's not worth joining, much better communities are out there, waiting for arrivals, growing player by player and most importantly... Have well deciding moderators who disscusses, compromises, forgives, warns and as a FINAL resort... Bans.

Good day!
Exploiting to get banned props (not getting the dupe) but the first guy to bypasses it and create the dupe
Can easily end up with a perm ban for this
(02-21-2013, 04:06 PM)Temar Wrote: Exploiting to get banned props (not getting the dupe) but the first guy to bypasses it and create the dupe
Can easily end up with a perm ban for this

Yes I know. But what I'm trying to prove for all the members and admins on this community is that I wasn't creating this dupe and shouldn't be banned for it. I didn't have any knowledge that it was banned, look at the message picture that Salinsky posted, I didn't know which prop was banned, I was literally freaking out when I saw that I got banned, that's why I got so mad, I didn't even know I had a banned prop, and that is making me really mad, still.

I rather not see this happen to the "author" (perm ban). He made a mistake, and I'm 100 % sure he won't do it again.

In my opinion, ban should be the last option, especially a perm ban. But I'm not deciding who does the bans and how long, that's up to the admins.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Suspension lowered to 3 weeks.