The Fearless Roller Coaster!
Ok so this game has had me on a total roller coaster ride since I started playing it two days ago!

I have had some AWESOME rp experiences, mostly random, good patrols with a good partner as a cop, a random meeting with someone, and some good passive rp, and even a bank robbery and hostage situation.

But I've also found myself metaphorically banging my head against the keyboard a few times too! I find all too often if something isn't going some ones way they throw rules at you, or just shout don't you know how to rp blah blah blah. Well I am twenty six and have been rp'ing since I was 14, plus being married, ex military and a few other things really help me draw on my personal experiences to rp well, so I am going to say yes!

My frustration comes because in rp, I LOVE it when things take a sudden turn, don't work out the way I expected and generally don't go my way! As long it's not just an RDM of course! Because it's exciting and thrilling to see what's going to happen. And hey, that's the whole point of rp right? On a text based on line rp I play, just the other day my characters friend was executed in front of me, now ok, it was terrible for my character, but for me, it was amazing!

The first example was yesterday was when I was following someone as a cop and followed him into his compound he was like this is trespassing etc etc, and I went along with it, I said well the gate was open so we were just checking if everything was ok, etc etc. So instead of carrying on the rp banter, I don't know, threating to complain about me to the chief etcetc, he just starts shouting about have I never rp'd etc, then starts posting on ooc chat how I was trespassing blah blah blah. I mean even if I was bending the rules the little, and had slipped up, rp it! Don't just instantly jump out of character, and start winging and shouting about it!

And then today, this one really upset me. I'm a Corleone, something I'm taking to more, and we get a dictator president. Something I always like, whichever side I'm on, as the rp potential is very high, as long as it's not all the time of course, because it can get tiring. He says Corelone are banned from the city, puts a random warrant out for all the Corleone, etc etc, So I decide I'm going to do something about it. But I don't want to just raid, as that's boring, and a little out of character for a Mafia I think. So that's it, I'm going to take a hostage and demand he steps down or I'll kill them! Some seriously interesting rp I think? What will he do? Will he give in? Bow to pressure? Or will the police find us, and we'd have a hostage negotiation to go through!? Etc etc.

First time I was really lucky, I caught the police chief, out on patrol, by himself, out of the car, with no one else about! I pulled the gun on him, tied him up, excellent fear rp, I was really chuffed! then the server went down! Or I just lost connection, one of the two, Gutted!

So after the re boot, I gave it a short time and the president was at it again! I bumped into the don and we decided to try again! We went out and prepared a house for it, and started to drive about, thinking about who we could take. Then an advert about medical services went out. That's it! Perfect! We'll lure them somewhere and take a paramedic hostage! Perfect! So we set it all up at the car dealership, we put the car inside the garage so we could get them into the car without passers by seeing, the don even slept on the floor to lure them in!

Then they come and it all goes to shit. No fear rp, straight into ooc this is a random hostage taking blah blah blah, one of them even breaks into and steals my car (yeah, because that is really ic!) so it's a total mess and one guy is shouting about how we're getting banned blah blah, I'm recording, i've got your user name etc etc, horrible experience! And all for trying to get some good rp going! I even said that to him, trying to get him to go along, to no avail. I'm just trying to get a good rp going, can't you just rp with me please? Anyway he eventually points out rule 12, the thing about not taking firemen hostage, and I accept the validity, honestly, my bad, and let him go. Of course as he's going off he's still shouting how he's going to get us banned, because the guy with me is being argumentative on text chat, but hey, I wander off, head held low, and shortly after, disconnect, as the whole thing has got me so wound up!

But really guys come on, imagine the fun we could have had, had you just gone along with it, or even just pointing it out nicely instead of shouting a whining about it, and diving straight out of character. Hostage negotiations, police stand off, would the president have given in? An rp'd Hostage - Captive relationship would have been interesting. Or would the president just have ignored it and given the rebels even more reason to try to overthrow him by force!

So next time something isn't going your way, please remember, rp isn't about winning, it's about the experience. Even if the other guy is maybe bending a rule, think about what is better for the rp, diving out of character to argue about it? Or carrying on? Try to give people the benefit of the doubt, I know there are some annoying people out there that don't rp, but we're not all like that, think about the thought they may have put into the situation, think about the experience that could be had by all by going along with it. Let minor mistakes and misgivings go, all in the name of the rp experience!

And please, if you ever get the chance, take me hostage, put me in a bad situation, I will go along with it, I long for an experience like that, the excitement, the tension, I really do!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my very long post! And please try not flame, and understand my frustration and how I desperately just want a fun rp!

Edd
The following 1 user Likes Oddedd's post:
  • Ozman
my god...
The following 1 user Likes ChrilLe's post:
  • Commander Fi5h
I'm not sure what you mean Chilez? Well, I've now been banned for this, perhaps rightly actually, as I did break a couple of rules, but let the OP be my testimony that I did it with the best of intentions for good roleplay, and not just to randomly annoy people!
I understand you. Sometimes some awesome RP situations are f*cked up by the rules, etc, etc. And other people say: ''ur worst rper evar, blah blah blah.'' Instead of RPing and having fun. But don't forget to follow the rules Cheese.
I believe the second half is aimed at Nyx, Khojo and myself;
You don't just send a request to the government asking for paramedics to come heal you and then take them hostage..there were plenty of people who were injured and dying yet we couldn't do anything, why? Because we were hostaged for no reason whatsoever.. Now, if you had pm'ed one of us before hand on what you were going to do, I myself would have gone along with it but you didn't, you didn't tell me before hand or anything, therefore it was a random hostaging of a government official based on a fake call.
You shot at one of my fellow Paramedics for moving, sure ok but you don't say your breaking FearRP considering you shot at him and a new type of FearRP comes into play.

Not to mention I was casually explaining that it was against the rules for you to be doing this and instead you got out a hostage rope and tied me up.

No FearRP was broken by me, you didn't order me to do anything so I stood still while you both pointed guns at me and I was trying to explain that what you were doing was wrong, instead your partner decided to argue against the rules so I thought hey! He obviously has read them in so much more detail then I have, might as well listen to how rule 12. only applies to Firemen and not Paramedics.

Your RP was extremely aggressive.. pointing guns at everyone and anyone that passed by not to mention hostage RP isn't exactly the best RP going.

The main annoyance with this is that you didn't just tie up one medic, no you tied two of us up and of course the third isn't going to leave us, so people were getting annoyed at the paramedics can't do their job, people using /request asking for medics and can we come to them? No. We have guns pointed to our heads.

You were saying that "Oh just because things aren't going your way you are whinging" well no, rules were being broken which was what I stated multiple times, and was ignored.

"Bending a rule"? Rules weren't bent, they were broken to your benefit.

So, Ozman tell me how much fun the RP would be for me when I get pm spammed screaming at me to heal somebody when I could do nothing.

...Trust me..You didn't want the cops to come, they had minimal hours..

So how about next time you plan on doing a hostage RP, you tell someone beforehand..I would have done it if you pm'ed me saying what you planned on doing.

In the end. You broke the rules, I warned you of said rules, you argued, I posted ban request, you were banned, deal with it.
Lead by example.
That was an unnessercerily aggresive post I think? This post wasn't meant to be an argument, I'm trying to put my point accross respectfully. And indeed the op was posted before I knew I was banned. I do agree I broke the rules, and I have said that already, and I will take the ban in my stride, I just want to get to a point where we can both agree our mistakes and work together in the future. As it's a small community after all, and I've seen you a few time already! Normally playing amusingly loud music from your ambulance. Lol, anyway, please note I'm a little older then a lot of people here and am not trying to be an argumentative kid! Or 'minge' as seems to be the word around here!

Anyway my main point is I was trying to rp and not breaking the rules on purpose or for my own benefit. You did point out the infraction but you quoted the wrong rule number, leaving me confused! When you quoted the right rule I backed off right away! I can't however say the same for the other guy with me, who did carry on arguing, and actually had a go at me after for not backing him up! As for roping up multiples, the whole thing got very messy and confusing fast, and the first guy ran off I believe? As for not being able to respond to calls, that's a reasonable realistic side effect to the event, that was ultimately caused by the dictator pres! And actually had everyone but the original hostage got out when we asked them to, and the original hostage stayed put, it wouldn't have been such an issue.

A couple of points you can be sure I've taken from this however. If I do anything like this again, I will certainly look through the rules to make sure I'm not breaking any first! (Serious error on my part *facepalm*) And secondly, the PM thing, I hadn't even thought of that and will definitely use that in the future, so thank you for that suggestion.

What I'd like you to take, is that I know there alot of 'minges' (I love that word now!) out there, but please try not to assume we're all one! Atleast try to give people the benefit of the doubt first, some of us are just generally trying to have a good rp, I've been doing it for a long time now and is the whole reason I joined the server! Even if we break a rule in the process, we don't always mean to!

Thanks,
If you want to discuss a ban, make use of the courthouse please.
He isn't discussing his ban, he is saying that people are too quick to scream about rule breaks when they could just RP with it.

I agree completely.
The following 1 user Likes Termin's post:
  • Oddedd
(02-05-2013, 06:44 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote: So, Ozman tell me how much fun the RP would be for me when I get pm spammed screaming at me to heal somebody when I could do nothing.

That must be very annoying. But you could OOC that you're kidnapped and can't heal anyone..

(02-05-2013, 06:44 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote: ...Trust me..You didn't want the cops to come, they had minimal hours..

Minimal hours? Do you mean trigger-happy, retarded, COD cops?

(02-05-2013, 06:44 PM)Al sevenfold Wrote: So how about next time you plan on doing a hostage RP, you tell someone beforehand..I would have done it if you pm'ed me saying what you planned on doing.

That's a good idea if you think you're going to break the rules.
(02-05-2013, 08:49 PM)Termin Wrote: He isn't discussing his ban, he is saying that people are too quick to scream about rule breaks when they could just RP with it.

I agree completely.

That's beside the point, the point is that I was trying to do my job, and I couldn't because I was hostaged. He broke multiple rules.

I didn't mean for the post to be aggressive, however the terms you used when I was trying to describe what rules you were breaking as "screaming them at you" is a bit of an over exaggeration.

I am glad you have listened to my ideas on how you could avoid the situation, by simply PM'ing asking if I could take part in your RP as a hostage I can easily either decline or accept, what I'm basically saying is I really wouldn't have minded doing it if I knew what was going to happen beforehand.

The other guy was incredibly aggressive during the whole ordeal, I would avoid RP'ing with him in the future.

You know how it is with cops Ozman, say anything in OOC and you know the cops would metagame.
Lead by example.