Hypnosis
Alright so i tried hypnosis today and boy let me tell you it was freaking scary and amazing at the same time. And i know most people won't believe me but oh well still worked for me. So i just wanted to ask have any of you guys ever tried Hypnosis?
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Hypnosis is probably one of the most apathetic things in existence.
If you believe in it, you are more likely to be hypnotized.
If you don't believe in it, you won't by hypnotized.
If you're neutral, it'll be 50/50.

It's used by several petty thiefs believe it or not to get people to give you their wallets and such, but that's the flow of the human brain. You are in conversation, and someone is asking you something... You being helpful decide to help that person, and when they ask 'hey can I have your wallet aswell?' you've got a 50/50 chance of handing them that wallet unless your mental state has already approached the certain occasion as suspicious.
Are you talking about clinical hypnosis or stage shows?
Well not the stage shows it was like a audio clip a friend linked me and you do it by lying down and relaxing while listening to said audio clip and for example the audio clip i listened to was to make your brain believe you were like in an animal body and it goes through great detail of describing that your body changes and bones twist and turn and it really felt like it. But as Joey said i think its more likely to work if you believe it will work.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

Yeah, I read an article stating that regardless of how strong your mind is if you are not co-operative with the hypnosis is won't really work.
from what i experienced that is true but then again i was really curious if it would work so i pretty much went into it co-operating wanting it to work and it did and it was actually a pretty interesting experience.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRd4XwNyJek
If i were to sum up the video and hypnosis generally;
[Image: PENN-AND-TELLER-BULLSHIT.jpg]
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Depends... if we're talking about serious, scientifically based (psychologically) hypnosis, with a willing subject, it will produce actual results.

The main discussion about hypnosis is the placebo effect. If you want it to work it will, if you don't the chances of it working are smaller, but still existant.

I've never been hypnotized, but I have done "visualisation", a process where you are guided through imagining things (done it with a psychologist).
That's ironic considering your name is "The Doctor"

Yes yes i know its kinda ironic but still was one heck of a fun experience.
Your's Sincerely
Foxy The Pirate