Getting a new laptop
I am thinking of getting a new laptop as my current one is 4 years old and can't play most modern games. I am currently looking into a new laptop to buy but my knowledge of computing is very limited and so I could use some help. My budget is around £400, £500 at the very most. I am looking for a machine that can run modern games at good settings with a nice frame rate. Mainly I want to be able to play: Day Z, Planetside 2, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim

I found a few laptops that seemed good.

HP Pavilion g6-2216sa Laptop - White
Price: £349.99 (Around $555.22 and €416.83)
Processor: Dual-Core AMD A4-4300M processor (2.5 GHz, 3.0 GHz with Turboboost, 1 MB L2 cache)
RAM: 6 GB Upgradeable to 8 GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7420G Discrete-Class, Up to 1.65 GB of dedicated RAM
[Image: l_18093444_003.jpg] More info

HP Pavilion g6-2212sa (very similar to the previous except uses intel)
Price: £399.99 (Around $634.54 and €476.38)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor (2.5 GHz, 3.1 GHz with Turboboost, 3 MB L3 cache)
RAM: 6 GB Upgradeable to 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Up to 1.65 GB of dedicated RAM
[Image: l_18093448_002.jpg]More info

Lenovo IdeaPad Z585
Price: £399.99 (Around $634.54 and €476.38)
Processor: AMD A8 4500M - 1.9 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD AMD Radeon HD 7670M, Graphic Memory - 512 MB
[Image: showimage.aspx?id=269539&.jpg] More info

Will these be able to handle the games I am looking to play?
And if I should get one of the top two laptops is it worth upgrading to 8GB RAM and how much would that cost?

Thanks for reading I hope someone can answer my queries. If you know of any other better laptops that fit my budget please post them!

Someone
I'd go for the Lenovo.
Definitely not the middle one, you ideally want one with an Nvidia or AMD graphics card for gaming.

Personally I'd say the top HP Pavilion is the best choice, but I'm not an expert or anything when it comes to this. Tounge
Go with the Lenova Thinkpad. It has the Quad-Core Mobile Trinity APU in it. Meaning its going to be better than most other iGPU's at the same price range.
Top or bottom, not the middle one.
HP Pavillion. Period.
[Image: Fearless.png]
PM | Email | Steam                    
I'd reccomend the lenovo out of those because it has a good processor and a good graphics card. Top one is only dual-core which is minimum for recent games. Middle lacks a good graphics unit and certainly won't run modern games. Last is the only one that solves both out of the ones listed.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]