Surely this can't be right...
Name: [YM] FloormaN

Time/Date: 13:35 15/1/2013

Steam ID: daniel_moody

Name of Administrator: [FL:RP] Salinsky

Evidence:
Before I begin, I'm not here on the premise that I am at all angry, merely extremely confused. I just think that this surely can't be right. If it turns out I am wrong, then I apologise in advance.

I had just come from one raid as a Secret Service Agent near the Nexus with another colleague of mine (RP name: Eric Wright A.K.A Steam ID: Tomz) and I got news over the radio from the Head of Secret Service (who's name I can't actually remember) that he had heard the sound of Contraband at a house near the Corleone family mansion. The president told me and all available units to run down there and check out what was going on, so I did.

Apparently someone had asked Jackoburst if they could search the home to which they were denied entry (although I wasn't around at that time so don't quote me on that part) and then this sparked further curiosity as to what was going on behind the home.

Upon arriving there everyone was standing around because apparently we had entered a random raid, with no proof of the Contraband. I'm not sure how, given I was ordered to run down there via orders of the President and the Head of the Secret service (President RP Name: Alex Kane). The Corleone Member (RP Name: Alex McFinigan A.K.A Steam ID: Jackoburst) was complaining the most saying that just because we had heard it, doesn't mean we could raid them, and that a hunch is not enough to act upon. I started to realise that not many people at all were happy with what was going on so I asked OOC if they wanted me to leave and we could forget all about it (as we had never actually raided the home) The mentioned Admin then preceded to blacklist all police and SS from their posting for 2 hours.

The way I see it:
If someone doesn't have anything to hide then they should have no problem letting the police in their home. If they don't then it doesn't exactly look good on their part (but I understand that this might not always be the case).

Suspicious activities (as mentioned above) combined with a strong suspicion (otherwise known as a hunch) in my eyes at least (in all the time I've played on this server) gives good reasoning for police to turn up and raid the premises.

I was told to go down there under orders from two different people: The Head of Secret Service and The President. If I had refused to follow orders I would've run the risk of being demoted, so I was caught between a rock and a hard place.

Again, I am not here in a steaming ball of rage. I am just extremely confused and wish to get some clarity on this.

Screenshots:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5598...F05E76D18/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559837...D3053ED03/

Thanks,
A raid can be initiated by the Police Force if they see or hear the contraband, suspicion is not good enough. Now did the raid actually happen? Because I cannot find any mention of it.
We've punished the entire team of officers who were raiding the place randomly.

I looked all over the logs to see who had started this but could not find a definite "culprit" of the rulebreak, no one actually stepped forward and admitted to it, everyone got blacklisted then by Narcotic and me, we discussed whether or not we should ban or blacklist, we chose to blacklist in order to show you guys a sign of "good will" so to speak.

This was not done to annoy you or in any way put you in a disadvantage, but we couldn't find the proper culprit of the occurances, therefore we blacklisted all officers who were intruding the base, we didn't make the blacklist extremely long, nor did we abuse our powers in any way.

You could've simply made an unblacklist request and shown the evidence in there, I would gladly agree on an unblacklist being that you have actual proof that you didn't mean to break the rules and simply got called in for backup over the radio, if you had shown me this evidence earlier, this whole mess would've been prevented to begin with.

I apologize for this mistake and I'd gladly ask an administrator to remove the blacklist from all users except Tomz (Eric Wright)

Kind regards and most sincere apologies,

Salinsky.
(01-15-2013, 03:34 PM)Salinsky Wrote: We've punished the entire team of officers who were raiding the place randomly.

I looked all over the logs to see who had started this but could not find a definite "culprit" of the rulebreak, no one actually stepped forward and admitted to it, everyone got blacklisted then by Narcotic and me, we discussed whether or not we should ban or blacklist, we chose to blacklist in order to show you guys a sign of "good will" so to speak.

This was not done to annoy you or in any way put you in a disadvantage, but we couldn't find the proper culprit of the occurances, therefore we blacklisted all officers who were intruding the base, we didn't make the blacklist extremely long, nor did we abuse our powers in any way.

You could've simply made an unblacklist request and shown the evidence in there, I would gladly agree on an unblacklist being that you have actual proof that you didn't mean to break the rules and simply got called in for backup over the radio, if you had shown me this evidence earlier, this whole mess would've been prevented to begin with.

I apologize for this mistake and I'd gladly ask an administrator to remove the blacklist from all users except Tomz (Eric Wright)

Kind regards and most sincere apologies,

Salinsky.

Thank you very much, I was not actually aware that an unblacklist request forum existed, but hey, Now I do! Smile
I blacklisted one of them. The raid was rather random, and he didn't have any argumentation himself.

Though I'd agree with Salinsky to remove them, but, the reasons were still sort-of not okay.
(01-15-2013, 03:33 PM)Termin Wrote: A raid can be initiated by the Police Force if they see or hear the contraband, suspicion is not good enough. Now did the raid actually happen? Because I cannot find any mention of it.

No, the raid never happened. This was mentioned in the original post. Smile
It's okay, we're here to help, next time please make sure to show me any evidence you might have in-game so situations like these are prevented.

EDIT:

Yes, the raid did take place, the police got a warrant and everyone who got blacklisted was involved and running around on the property.
(01-15-2013, 03:44 PM)Salinsky Wrote: It's okay, we're here to help, next time please make sure to show me any evidence you might have in-game so situations like these are prevented.

EDIT:

Yes, the raid did take place, the police got a warrant and everyone who got blacklisted was involved and running around on the property.

Wait, the raid actually happened? I turned up to find you'd gathered everyone...Oh ok, my mistake...
(01-15-2013, 03:52 PM)floorman Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 03:44 PM)Salinsky Wrote: It's okay, we're here to help, next time please make sure to show me any evidence you might have in-game so situations like these are prevented.

EDIT:

Wait, the raid actually happened? I turned up to find you'd gathered everyone...Oh ok, my mistake...

Everyone who was involved was confronted with the fact they had random raided, no one admitted to starting it/getting the warrant and both Narcotic and me were unable to find in the logs who had started it, sadly.
(01-15-2013, 03:56 PM)Salinsky Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 03:52 PM)floorman Wrote:

EDIT:

Everyone who was involved was confronted with the fact they had random raided, no one admitted to starting it/getting the warrant and both Narcotic and me were unable to find in the logs who had started it, sadly.

Ahhhh ok that makes a lot more sense.