The permeanant laws.
Title of Suggestion: Putting the permeanant laws in a clear and easily accessed area on the forums

Description: The title states what.

Why: Because their is a lot of confusion as to what is and isn't a permeanant law and I'm not sure about anybody else but I can't find them anywhere on the forums. For example, we get presidents who make contraband legal. Laws that allow pistols for self defence and then suddenly everyone thinks it's okay to walk around with their gun visible. It would make law enforcement easier and less hassle.
(01-09-2013, 01:40 PM)trouserlessliam Wrote: Title of Suggestion: Putting the permeanant laws in a clear and easily accessed area on the forums

Description: The title states what.

Why: Because their is a lot of confusion as to what is and isn't a permeanant law and I'm not sure about anybody else but I can't find them anywhere on the forums. For example, we get presidents who make contraband legal. Laws that allow pistols for self defence and then suddenly everyone thinks it's okay to walk around with their gun visible. It would make law enforcement easier and less hassle.

- Support.

The Rules can be found on the top part of the Forums, in the same part as the Bans, Blacklists, User CPs etc.
Clicking it will instantly send you to the thread.
Kind regards,
Whoopie
[Image: mxh.gif]
Rate Me.
I have never found any confusion about what is and what is not a permanent law.

They're clearly stated in-game, and let's be honest, there aren't enough permanent laws so they can't be easily remembered.
My following statement will be a little controversial, but...
Remove the perma-laws. Let people be the judges of what is legal, and not legal.
(01-09-2013, 02:14 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: My following statement will be a little controversial, but...
Remove the perma-laws. Let people be the judges of what is legal, and not legal.

If you have a city full of people who walk around with their guns out, and you know how "bad-ass" the majority of players are on the server, soon enough you'll have excuses for RDM going along the lines of "he sed i wuz not hardkor so i shotz him wit my gunz lololol", meaning and pardon my french here, a shitload of RDMs everywhere.

Second off, you have to factor in the fact (Tounge) that not every President will be a 300h+ veteran, who is there solely for RP and knows what he's doing. It would probably turn out as "Laws: Everything is legal! Taxes are 30" Meaning you have a server full of people who now steal and rob EVERYONE, shooting anyone who looks at them funny.

It all boils down to the point where if everything is allowed, people will forget the rules, again resulting in even more rules broken.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Niimo
(01-09-2013, 02:48 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 02:14 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: My following statement will be a little controversial, but...

If you have a city full of people who walk around with their guns out, and you know how "bad-ass" the majority of players are on the server, soon enough you'll have excuses for RDM going along the lines of "he sed i wuz not hardkor so i shotz him wit my gunz lololol", meaning and pardon my french here, a shitload of RDMs everywhere.

Second off, you have to factor in the fact (Tounge) that not every President will be a 300h+ veteran, who is there solely for RP and knows what he's doing. It would probably turn out as "Laws: Everything is legal! Taxes are 30" Meaning you have a server full of people who now steal and rob EVERYONE, shooting anyone who looks at them funny.

It all boils down to the point where if everything is allowed, people will forget the rules, again resulting in even more rules broken.

This.
I once suggested this, it would take literally five minutes work.

If I get permission, I'll just tag along another section to the forum rules; just so they're documented for reference on the forums.
+Support.

This is needed as not many people look along the top of the F1 menu to the 'laws' section. Many times I have had to state that weapons are always illegal, yet people still argue with me when I arrest them. Also, I see some laws stating all guns are legal, and must urge them to re-read the permanent laws. I think we need to make them obvious or pop-up when you spawn as President.
Regards,
aviator
(01-09-2013, 04:35 PM)Aviator Wrote: +Support.

This is needed as not many people look along the top of the F1 menu to the 'laws' section. Many times I have had to state that weapons are always illegal, yet people still argue with me when I arrest them. Also, I see some laws stating all guns are legal, and must urge them to re-read the permanent laws. I think we need to make them obvious or pop-up when you spawn as President.

This is what I mean, I've racked up 500+ hours and I didn't even notice a laws tab in the f1 menu.
-support

Just press F1, go to Laws tab and all the perma laws are there.