Broadcast Spam?
Information 
Hello everybody.

Today, was the EvoCity President. This caused me to broadcast the laws, which take me 6 broadcasts, to tell them all.

I read the rules again, and I w that BC Spamming is illegal.

My question is: Can broadcasting the laws in multiple messages because it would not fit in one get me blacklisted/kicked/demoted/banned?

I'd like positive comments only, since flames will not help.

Regards and thanks,
Whoopie
Kind regards,
Whoopie
[Image: mxh.gif]
Rate Me.
I am not quite sure , It says in the rules that you need 1 minute space from the broadcasts as you mentioned.

But I still don't know , I haven't seen anyone get , kicked , banned , blacklisted for it though.
The following 2 users Like Niimo's post:
  • whoopie, Red Orchestra
(01-08-2013, 07:18 PM)Niimo Wrote: I am not quite sure , It says in the rules that you need 1 minute space from the broadcasts as you mentioned.

But I still don't know , I haven't seen anyone get , kicked , banned , blacklisted for it though.

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking aswell.
I think that it is about different subjects.
Even tho I am not sure. I will wait for more answers.

Whoopie
Kind regards,
Whoopie
[Image: mxh.gif]
Rate Me.
I didn't mentioned that rule, I always just say the broadcast with binds.
I think it's against the rules but nobody gives shits.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
It's being condoned.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Considering many proper Presidential Roleplayers have more than 5-6 laws to broadcast, this rule should be removed or changed. It would take up to 5-6 Minutes to broadcast your comeplete law set, which would be quite stupid in my opinion. Rather get it over with in 15 seconds.

But yes, it does say in the rules that you have to wait atleast 1 minute before broadcasting again.

6. Do not spam broadcasts wait at least 1 minute before broadcasting again.

I am not going to lie, I do it sometimes my self if not everytime. I've never seen anybody complain about it, maybe because its so common? I won't be able to tell.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
In my opinion, I would much rather prefer 5/6 well written and professional laws to a single broadcast that is poorly structured and a pain to read.

If you start going overboard 6+ I might warn you.

Also, I think this is more to prevent general chit-chat taking up too much space as the laws are pasted less regularly.

For example, constantly using broadcast to explain how you're rich and comfortable up in the Nexus or using far too many to explain that you're at war with North Korea.
If all the laws exceed Chat character limit then typing the laws in multiple broadcasts are ok in my mind.

But if it's like 1 Broadcast for every law then you are going overboard.
What I think that the rule means is that you shouldn't repeat the SAME law in such short period of time. For example, there's no point in broadcasting 3 times in a row "Guns are illegal". But if there are several laws, then it's fine.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Narc