Lamp Dupe
Your name: x J0NN1

Your ban ID: 21318

Banned by: Vauld

Reason: Exploiting dupes, remove the lightbulb dupe ASAP.

Involved: Server, Me, Vauld

Why we should unban you:
I didn't use a dupe. I don't know how someone could possibly make a dupe of lamps when their banned. How I got the lamp can be seen here:

(Now sure, this could technically be considered exploiting. But all I did was put the lamp in the tunnel, because any time I run over someone it's in there because I can't see them.)

[Image: b9c058800b9e4e93fa942ee1ed88a2f4.png?1357598644]
#1: I'm pretty sure that was a light not a lamp.
#2: If an admin sets the limit higher for a few moments, you shouldn't abuse it.
It most likely was a light, but to me it looked like a flashlight/lamp.

And I know now that I shouldnt have done it, but at the time it seemed like a neat thing to do.

EDIT: I also don't understand exactly how I was abusing it when I only spawned in 1 as an attempt to help people.
Okay so if it was a light, then how could you spawn it if the LAMP limit was changed?
Also "it seems like it was an interesting thing to do at the time" is not a good answer. Today I RDM'ed 50 people... It seemed like an interesting thing to at the time. On top of that, lights cause MASSIVE lag.
I dont think he tried to lag the server I remember that light is was cool
It doesn't matter what his intentions were, lights are banned for a reason.
(01-09-2013, 10:07 PM)Vauld Wrote: Okay so if it was a light, then how could you spawn it if the LAMP limit was changed?
Also "it seems like it was an interesting thing to do at the time" is not a good answer. Today I RDM'ed 50 people... It seemed like an interesting thing to at the time. On top of that, lights cause MASSIVE lag.

(01-09-2013, 10:07 PM)Vauld Wrote: It doesn't matter what his intentions were, lights are banned for a reason.

I'm sorry I got lamp and light confused, but I was able to spawn a light when I saw that message come up and all I did with it was put it in the tunnel. When the limit changed back it obviously stayed in the server. And I don't know how 1 light can cause massive lag. Also, RDM and spawning an item because the server changed the limit have no correlation, as my intentions were not harming anyone. Additionally, if you're going to say theyre banned for a reason, atleast post the reason. If theyre banned BECAUSE of massive lag, then that is reasonable. But I'm sure it only causes lag in situations where everyone has the max limit of lights, which is the only time I could think of where it would cause lag.

Finally, you said in chat that when I removed the "dupe" you would remove the ban, and obviously that's been taken care of so I don't understand why I am still banned.
Lights are banned because they cause lag, when the limit is changed do NOT under any circumstances spawn lights/any banned tool with the changed limit. Okay..?
Helping people or not, you still broke the rules. The ban will not be lifted due to the sole reason of you knowing you weren't supposed to do it, but did it anyway on your own accord.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(01-10-2013, 03:02 AM)Ruxandra Wrote: Helping people or not, you still broke the rules. The ban will not be lifted due to the sole reason of you knowing you weren't supposed to do it, but did it anyway on your own accord.

I figured I shouldn't have, but I wasn't sure since at the time I just figured it was whatever and spawned one. I was surprised when I got a 5 day ban for it. Also, what rule did I break exactly?

(01-10-2013, 02:56 AM)Vauld Wrote: Lights are banned because they cause lag, when the limit is changed do NOT under any circumstances spawn lights/any banned tool with the changed limit. Okay..?

Yeah I get that now. EDIT: You should ask Nudelholz to add that to the forum rules, and also get someone to change the IG rules so that this doesn't happen again ^_^.