What is DDoD?
Distributed Denial of Dollars
(03-26-2012, 09:50 AM)StillAlive Wrote: DDoS:

A DDoS or Distributed-Denial-of-Service attack is when the server is flooded with multiple packets of data from multiple servers from around the world which can range anywhere from 100 all the way up to 30k+. When this happens the server network line becomes filled with incoming data and causes the server to lag and eventually stop responding to players data requests in the server, thus causing you to lag and eventually disconnect. A sign of a DDoS is when your ping jumps well about the average and soars into the 600+ range.
Anti DDos services will protect against script kiddies. Not someone with a bot like YZF, anti DDos isn't really worth it.
(01-06-2013, 11:33 AM)Link66 Wrote: Isn't there a way to protect computers from this sort of stuff? It's really annoying when you're mid RP and the server gets DDoSed or DDoD'd. I'm no safety expert when it comes to computers, but it would be good if we installed some sort of protection if there is one out there.
-Link66

(01-06-2013, 11:48 AM)Aviator Wrote: I am sure there are DDoS protection services which stop the fragments of data, but I presume they are expensive.

yes,imo
I still just not understand why people should ddos.. Most of them are kids who think they are awesome to do it for their friends.
Just an idea of price I found around the net :

The lowest I seen was 199$ per month.
Highest was 499$ per month.

The 199$ was able to block a small to medium DDoS, not a big hell DDoS.
The 499$ didn't show enough infos to understand what it would block, but as Bane said, noone could stop a real damn DDoS coming from guys who know what they do and got the proper methods and equipments to do so (and are rich or prepared it since a long time to have that equipment, too).