What is DDoD?
Hi people. Now the big Question for all new people, and me in this case.

What is DDoD. Please leave a comment in this Thread.

Regards Danny Sikker
I am not sure, but I believe you mean DDoS.

Danny Sikker Wrote:DDOD Has come to the server since the freaking Holiday started!

I believe this was when the server was being DDoSed and there was much lag?

If so, then DDoS means a distributed denial of service attack and is when someone has managed to take over multiple computers/machines and spams our server with random bits to cause it to lag and often crash; it is different to a DoS which uses a single computer/machine.
Isn't there a way to protect computers from this sort of stuff? It's really annoying when you're mid RP and the server gets DDoSed or DDoD'd. I'm no safety expert when it comes to computers, but it would be good if we installed some sort of protection if there is one out there.
-Link66
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

I am sure there are DDoS protection services which stop the fragments of data, but I presume they are expensive.
Regards,
aviator
It's not DDoS.
Well what is it then?
Regards,
aviator
(01-06-2013, 11:48 AM)Aviator Wrote: I am sure there are DDoS protection services which stop the fragments of data, but I presume they are expensive.

It's freaking expensive and not 100% guaranteed, believe me.
(01-06-2013, 11:52 AM)Narcotic Wrote: It's not DDoS.

I googled DDOD and not a single thing came up, everything was related to DDoS so I made the assumption of an misspelling.

EDIT: Googled it again, this time without 'What is...' and got this: Digital Dissertations on Demand
Also found reference to a DDOD attack here - http://www.spike.com/articles/ovjt31/pir...st-studios
Quote:Digital Dissertations on Demand

I find it worse than a DDoS just by reading it, somehow ... Is it just me or anyone else got that feeling ?
I lol'd when I read it...