Donating
(01-07-2013, 09:28 AM)rockyrebel Wrote: Well actually it's not really donating because you get something in return. It is more of a transaction. When you donate it's giving without getting something in return now I know donating doesn't make you immune to punishment, but because we use the term donating people want to act like they are amazing and did something soooooo nice when in all honesty they did it for the 100k suits and SS job. They did not donate out of the good of their hearts they donated to get stuff. I just don't like the fact servers use the term "donating" because that makes some people get on their high horses and feel like they changed the world so they can then do anything they want. Therefore, I think servers should stop saying its donating when it is a transaction because both parties receive something. Ps: I typed this long as he'll thing on my iPod just felt like that was needed.

The reason why there are benefits is exactly that. People, in general, aren't kind, benevolent souls, and this is a necessary evil I suppose.
On the other hand, when you go to an orphanage and donate money to them, don't you get a little "Thank you" card in return? I believe you are wrong, that not ALL of the members of FL donate solely for the perks.
I believe some forms of donations give perks. Aid for example, can in the long run help improve the country which gave the aid, imports. The country experienced a nasty disaster, they can no longer make their crops or machinery, give the nation aid, in a few decades you may be having those crops or machinery back from that country.

Bit of a silly idea, but I hope you get what I mean.
Regards,
aviator
(01-07-2013, 09:28 AM)rockyrebel Wrote: Well actually it's not really donating because you get something in return. It is more of a transaction. When you donate it's giving without getting something in return now I know donating doesn't make you immune to punishment, but because we use the term donating people want to act like they are amazing and did something soooooo nice when in all honesty they did it for the 100k suits and SS job. They did not donate out of the good of their hearts they donated to get stuff. I just don't like the fact servers use the term "donating" because that makes some people get on their high horses and feel like they changed the world so they can then do anything they want. Therefore, I think servers should stop saying its donating when it is a transaction because both parties receive something. Ps: I typed this long as he'll thing on my iPod just felt like that was needed.

Believe it or not, we are many on FL who donates alone to support the community.
That is why I did the donator giveaway, a reason to donate more to the community without making myself look like a dickwheel by donating tons of money.