Donating
Well some tought the title meant "hmm so hes gonna donate, i gues theres a problem?" well no im am talking because of bin4ny, some people gets perma banned and uses that exuse "i doneted thusands uf muney su your scammin ur mebers by perma banning them hurp duep" Well donator doesnt make you imune to any ban (looking at you minges) so please do not donate half of the money you make a year to the server only to grief and abuse suits and shitz because you wont be immune to bans, NO BANS! i know this may have been said before/should been said by an mod+ but i just need to say it sorry.
Donation perks indeed don't include a ban-proof shield. But well, some peeps tend to forget it.
Remember, you are donating, not paying for the servers.
You will be treated the same as a player that didn't donate.
I've donated multiple times, because I like the perks, $10usd isn't much money, and I want the Community to stay alive.
And in no way do i expect special treatment, look at my ban history, thatll prove it lol.
Find out what donation means, it is a voluntary contribution not a compulsory payment, if it were a compulsory payment (like when you buy games) then you would be entitled to a refund. If I donate to children in need, you wouldn't ask for a refund would you? It was a donation, therefore you didn't need to pay it.
Regards,
aviator
I always find it adorable when they scream "I huv donate I huv donate!" and wave their little fists around in rage when they get told that doesn't change a thing...
I hope they will soon realise that bringing up donations only causes them to annoy the admin involved.

Does more harm then good.
(01-04-2013, 03:23 PM)Adman Wrote: I hope they will soon realise that bringing up donations only causes them to annoy the admin involved.

Does more harm then good.

They won't. It's because they don't understand the basic concept of donating (which was brought up here earlier). They don't understand it's voluntary, and they put FL in the same category as buy-an-admin DarkRP servers.
some admin should make this page come up each time someone donates!
(01-06-2013, 02:09 PM)mrpalkia00 Wrote: some admin should make this page come up each time someone donates!

Oh god, lol

this ain't a perk yo

A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause. A donation may take various forms, including cash offering, services, new or used goods including clothing, toys, food, and vehicles. It also may consist of emergency, relief or humanitarian aid items, development aid support, and can also relate to medical care needs as i.e. blood or organs for transplant. Charitable gifts of goods or services are also called gifts in kind. The largest form of gifts in kind is created in many nations by the donation of aging automobiles with the item donated being picked up, sold and the proceeds given to the charity or non-profit (type or named) which was the target of the donor's generosity. One standard way of obtaining donations is the use of raffles for the accumulation of funds.

//Wikipedia
The following 2 users Like PrivateToast's post:
  • Sommer, Rayne
Well actually it's not really donating because you get something in return. It is more of a transaction. When you donate it's giving without getting something in return now I know donating doesn't make you immune to punishment, but because we use the term donating people want to act like they are amazing and did something soooooo nice when in all honesty they did it for the 100k suits and SS job. They did not donate out of the good of their hearts they donated to get stuff. I just don't like the fact servers use the term "donating" because that makes some people get on their high horses and feel like they changed the world so they can then do anything they want. Therefore, I think servers should stop saying its donating when it is a transaction because both parties receive something. Ps: I typed this long as he'll thing on my iPod just felt like that was needed.