Navy Seal Training, BUD/S
(01-04-2013, 09:03 AM)Killjoy Wrote: Nah, if you're going Navy, then go Navy all the way, infantry ain't your cup of tea.

The navy has infantry regiments too. Tounge
Depends on which countries military you're speaking of. Also, don't mix them up with the Marines.
(01-04-2013, 01:42 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Depends on which countries military you're speaking of. Also, don't mix them up with the Marines.

I'm not mixing them up with marines, The british navy has regular infantry regiments, as well as the royal marines which is a special forces regiment. I'm not sure how it works in other countries but this is what my assumptions are absed off.
Yeah I was thinking about doing 4 years in the marines then trying seal training.
[Image: Epics_sig.jpg]
War. War never changes
It's a good idea, It'll give you the physical and mental fitness you require plus it'll give you an idea of whether or not the job is right for you. Smile, personally, I want to join as an ammunition technician and go into bomb disposal.
I read somewhere that most SAS members have bearly even held a gun before they started training.(Dunno if thats true)
Like everyone's said, train a lot, and push yourself to your limit.
(01-06-2013, 01:57 PM)CookieMasterz Wrote: I read somewhere that most SAS members have bearly even held a gun before they started training.(Dunno if thats true)
Like everyone's said, train a lot, and push yourself to your limit.

Not true, most S.A.S members have come through from the parachute regiment. 'Nuff said...
Here's my take. I'm a medic in the army, some of my buddies went to sapper school (a specialized demolition and tactics school). Out of 10 people we sent last cycle, 3 made it. The one that I got to talk to about it said that your not pushing yourself enough. He does 80 pushups in about 1:40 and he wasn't the best in the school. Here is what I recommend to start off with and push yourself to break this.

100 pushups a day, no less then 10 in one sitting, preferably 25-50 in one sitting.
100 situps a day, no less the 20 in one sitting preferably 35-40.
That is every day.

Cardio: Run every other day, minimum of 2-3 miles. If you want to change it up do sprints. Sprint as fast as you can for 30 seconds, walk for one minute. Once that gets easy, run for a minute at full speed, walk for two. Basically your trying to get your blood moving, then give it enough time to slow it down before pushing it again. Alternate for sprints, run up a hill, walk down it, I'd say 200 meters to start, after you adjust to that move it up to 300-400 meters. Another alternate if your trying to increase speed and endurance, run in a pool.

Swimming, get plenty of swim time in. Swim days replace run days but stay on the same cycle. aka Run day, muscle day, swim day, muscle day, run or swim day. you get it I'm sure. don't take that exact format into account but make a schedule and stick to it.

Gym, We hit this everyday. You can do cardio in here, bike or elyptical every day for 1 hour. You can also work your core everyday (ab routines) though I only did abs on upper body days, the next day I'd do legs.

This is what we did in the ARMY. Here is a link to the SEAL physical fitness test requirements. These are your GOALS. Aim for the minimum, then break it. It includes the SEAL recommended workout routine. If your serious, stick to it and best of luck to you. You got my support. Msg if you have any questions.
http://www.military.com/military-fitness...tness-test

P.S. Little more research, here is swimming videos from a SEAL.
http://www.floswimming.org/coverage/2353...-Technique

I will devote more time to researching for you. If you decide you don't want to do this, let me know so I know to stop.
I guess I have to be the one to say it.
*sigh*
Bro, do you even lift?
(01-07-2013, 02:45 PM)Sir Fiddlykins Wrote: I guess I have to be the one to say it.
*sigh*
Bro, do you even lift?

Stop being such an immature dick, you are derailing this thread comepletely.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]