Navy Seal Training, BUD/S
I am currently training and conditioning myself for Navy Seal training called BUD/S or Basic Underwater Demolition/Seal. I have less than under a year till I can sign up and am wondering if you guys have any workouts that will help me with this. Currently I do 80 sit ups a day, 40 a minute. Then I do chin ups throughout the day in pairs of 20 and pull ups in pairs of 15. I also do about 50 push ups a day and lift some weights to build bicep muscle.(I don't have a lot of bicep muscle, suggestions would be appreciated) I also run 2 to 3 miles a day and then walk another. I can run a mile in under 9 minutes but I need to get faster. Any tips on that? The thing I am most worried about is swimming. I have never been a good swimmer but I know how to swim. If you have any tips on swimming long distances that would be appreciated. Thanks
[Image: Epics_sig.jpg]
War. War never changes
When swimming, try to keep your face underwater, close your eyes and only open them if necessary, just swim.
Regarding the swimming, it's best that you start going to a swimming pool. No, not any swimming pool. Pools that are there so people swim, olimpic size pools. Ask the people in charge there to help you out a bit (Lifeguard for example). During the summertime, if you live near the sea, start swimming in the sea. It's more challenging. Beware though of strong currents, and read up on it.

Tip: If you ever get caught on a current that's pulling you into the sea, do not try to swim against it. Swim sideways till you're out of the current. Currents are very strong... I like to swim to the boy, which is around 200-250 metres away. It took me over 30 minutes to get there, but around 10 getting back. Luckily the current wasn't pulling me out! Just so you see the difference.

If you're really wanting to train for the SEAL's, I'm guessing you'll have to be in top shape. I wouldn't just train at home, I would go to a gym and talk to one of the trainers there, tell him about what you want to do and he'll help you out with excercises.

Good luck!
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
The following 1 user Likes Holdem's post:
  • Rayokan
Well I cant give you any advice, I got nick-named "The brick" at my local pool.
Swimming and running are definitely two things you should focus on. You will have to push yourself, so practice running as fast and as far as you possibly can - when you feel like you can't take another step, just run some more.

Push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups - work 'em good. Lift weights, spend plenty of your time on an indoor rower.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • equal
You're missing your squats, bench, overhead press and deadlifts there.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington
Thanks for the responses guys! Will focus more so I can be physically prepared to the best of my ability even though I know its gonna kick my ass.
[Image: Epics_sig.jpg]
War. War never changes
Another thought for you. Have you considered joining a regular infantry regiment, letting them build you up physically, as well as mentally ( Because it's all well and good being physically fit, but you're mental strength needs to be double your fitness level.) and then apply for the navy seals from there? I'm not sure how the american armed forces work, but in the british armed forces, you can change which regiment you belong to once you're in. we also have regiments which you can only join after you've been in the armed forces for so long.
Nah, if you're going Navy, then go Navy all the way, infantry ain't your cup of tea.
Can you noscope?
The following 2 users Like Colonel Burger's post:
  • Fiddlestiiicks, DJ_slapaho