trying to quit smoking.
(12-30-2012, 04:23 PM)SKitz Wrote: so my question is:
-what are some healthy things to pick up to release stress
-should i go cold turkey and tough out?
-are there mental or dietary tricks that could help

1) Chew gum and take up some outdoors activities
2) Cold turkey's the most effective way
3) When you feel the stress piling up, go for a walk, after every meal chew gum. Keep your eating habits strict, most people who quit smoking tend to start eating snacks and stuff too much.
(12-31-2012, 12:52 PM)Killjoy Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 04:23 PM)SKitz Wrote: so my question is:
-what are some healthy things to pick up to release stress
-should i go cold turkey and tough out?
-are there mental or dietary tricks that could help

1) Chew gum and take up some outdoors activities
2) Cold turkey's the most effective way
3) When you feel the stress piling up, go for a walk, after every meal chew gum. Keep your eating habits strict, most people who quit smoking tend to start eating snacks and stuff too much.

About the gum chewing, be very careful. Most brands of chewing gum contain laxatives, meaning you will have a... unpleasant time. Second off, gum isn't all that healthy. If you have to chew it, keep it under control, else you'll mess up your digestive system and your bowels.
And yes, cold turkey works I suppose.
I've learned more from this than google.
thanks a bajillion.

I will finish this carton, and start!

Till this thread dies, it is now about e'cigs in showers.
Not trying to sound like 420thuglife or anything, but if you quit and smoke some weed every time you get a craving, it's a really good substitute (know this from personal exp.)
(12-31-2012, 10:29 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: Not trying to sound like 420thuglife or anything, but if you quit and smoke some weed every time you get a craving, it's a really good substitute (know this from personal exp.)

Maybe he lives in a part of the world where weed isn't legal?

(12-31-2012, 10:41 PM)Kiruclanz Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 10:29 PM)Slick Rick Wrote: Not trying to sound like 420thuglife or anything, but if you quit and smoke some weed every time you get a craving, it's a really good substitute (know this from personal exp.)

And?
(12-31-2012, 10:42 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:

And?

[Image: 27137751.jpg]
(01-01-2013, 03:31 AM)Disabled Angel Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 10:42 PM)Slick Rick Wrote:

And?

[Image: 27137751.jpg]
Dude, keep that old, unfunny, unoriginal, reddit/9gag bullshit on those websites. I mean, you DO realize you basically just told everyone on these forums you're 12 years old by posting that image, right?

And how is that even implying I'm a badass? I bet you illegally download music all the time
The following 4 users Like Slick Rick's post:
  • edgie, Fultz, Fleet Admiral Zapington, SKitz
You guys are the ones who brought up the legality of it not Slick lol, so he obviously he isn't even trying to sound badass by suggesting weed
The following 2 users Like edgie's post:
  • Slick Rick, Colonel Burger
Get addicted to caffeine instead Cheese