trying to quit smoking.
Rainbow 
So, been smoking for 5 years. befriend and i started when we were 14 and got hooked.
i really would like to quit, but i don't wanna just pick up nicotine gum/patches. Im up to a pack every other day. Not nearly as bad as alot of people, but i get pretty agitated without my fix, last time i went cold turkey i leveled the guy that stepped on my heel at the mall.

so my question is:
-what are some healthy things to pick up to release stress
-should i go cold turkey and tough out?
-are there mental or dietary tricks that could help

notes:
im on Google, but maybe some of ywoou guys could help more.
also
anybody that feels like being a troll, please go to the next thread and poop there.
80 nicotine plaster on same time, and you stop.
The following 1 user Likes PrivateToast's post:
  • Sommer
Electronic cigarettes.
Do electronic cigarette actually do anything, my boss has one in his office he is constantly puffing on.
and
80 plaster??
details yaaaa
Yeah they contain nicotine, my brother has one and it's pretty nice. Tastes awesome too
I smoked for 2 years, started around your age too. But i managed to cut down alot. Firstly, tell yourself that you can use the money for something else, something better then paying to waste your life away. A pack of cigarettes in my country cost about $9 USD.
Second, alot of people think smoking helps you get rid of stress, but thats actually just a lie your brain tells you. Stress can be released in many forms. Here are some examples
-Gaming
-Music
-Exercising (Turn that stress into muscles)
and many other ways you can think off.

Thirdly, if you manage to stop addiction but you find that the problem lies with peer pressure, tell your friends that you want to quit and tell them to stop you if you ever pick up a cigarette. That should help you cut down alot of smoking.
And lastly, cold turkey is bullshit.. i have been smoking for 2 years and i decided to quit start of november 2012. Havent touched a cigarette for 2 months already and havent experienced any form of withdrawal symptoms. Just tell yourself that all the stories smokers tell you to not be able to overcome the addiction is just a stupid lie they use as an excuse because they cant stop or cant be bothered to.

Oh and dont turn to nicotine gum or anything like that.. It maybe healthier, but it is more expensive and you will end up getting addicted to it. My suggestion to you if you really cannot quit is to buy an electronic cigarette. Sure those things cost a bomb, but it last long, and its much more healthier.
The following 1 user Likes Ne0ster's post:
  • SKitz
I just looked at some e-cigs online, cool colors. lol.
and
neostar, that was pretty damn good. +rep.
i already game and listen to music enough, but turning stress into muscles sounds like a good ass idea. and as far as peer pressure, Im the only fucker that smokes >Sad.
Electronic cigarettes that actually contain nicotine are the way to go.

Smoker for several years myself, though not planning on quitting Wink
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Dubwub
(12-30-2012, 04:33 PM)Fleet Admiral Zapington Wrote: Electronic cigarettes.
(12-30-2012, 04:57 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Electronic cigarettes that actually contain nicotine are the way to go.

Smoker for several years myself, though not planning on quitting Wink

yeah just read up about them, they contain nicotine, they are equally addictive, but do not contain the same toxic that causes lung cancer