Putting up maps and content on workshop
(06-15-2013, 07:40 AM)Wood Chopper Wrote: -support
No need at all.

Every suggestion isnt to provide what a server needs.. its advice on how the server can be made more user friendly or fun to play!
I would appreciate it if you used the "Suggestions Template" next time. Other then that, all i can say is +support. Just like Narc said.

(06-15-2013, 08:31 AM)Narcotic Wrote: We won't have to deal with many topics each week about missing models, textures and whatnot, and if that is so, the only solution we could give them would be to re-download the content, as it automatically places itself into the right directory.

Many people browse the workshop, often go search for collections, and pow, here we have Fearless Roleplay, the logo and formation appears professional and people find it attractive, they will naturally click in with interest.

Overall, this is a really good idea, and a step forward for the entire FearlessRP community.
Sincerely, TotallyGG
Community Member & Donator

Sad 
-Support

CityRP should be a "one and only"
(06-15-2013, 08:31 AM)Narcotic Wrote: I can honestly only see the good sides of this addition.

Users have to create an account, manually navigate themselves on a website that they (perhaps) don't really notice in the start, and they just want to play. It could appear with big, red text on the loading screen, it could have a link with the workshop guide, so that people can also access that and read it at the same time.

We won't have to deal with many topics each week about missing models, textures and whatnot, and if that is so, the only solution we could give them would be to re-download the content, as it automatically places itself into the right directory.

Many people browse the workshop, often go search for collections, and pow, here we have Fearless Roleplay, the logo and formation appears professional and people find it attractive, they will naturally click in with interest.

Overall, this is a really good idea, and a step forward for the entire FearlessRP community.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
+Support

Reasons have already been said, I can see how this will really help players (Remember that not everyone will know how to install the content manually) . Just a one-click solution to getting all the content they require, no need to extract multiple files themselves.
After reading up on what Narcotic said. I am removing my -support and throwing in a +support.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The following 1 user Likes Wood's post:
  • Ne0ster
(06-16-2013, 01:58 AM)GRiiM Wrote: +Support

Reasons have already been said, I can see how this will really help players (Remember that not everyone will know how to install the content manually) . Just a one-click solution to getting all the content they require, no need to extract multiple files themselves.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
(06-15-2013, 08:31 AM)Narcotic Wrote: I can honestly only see the good sides of this addition.

Users have to create an account, manually navigate themselves on a website that they (perhaps) don't really notice in the start, and they just want to play. It could appear with big, red text on the loading screen, it could have a link with the workshop guide, so that people can also access that and read it at the same time.

We won't have to deal with many topics each week about missing models, textures and whatnot, and if that is so, the only solution we could give them would be to re-download the content, as it automatically places itself into the right directory.

I am using my first post to give +Support on this one. It will not make the Gamemode any less unique since it's just the files from the downloads page (except for the hl2ep1+2 convent I believe), only it will be easier to download and it's eliminating the chance for the user to screw up something. And in case of an update it will happen automatically and nobody has to download everything again.
Everyone reading this in the present. I apologise for the way that I wrote this suggestion, I was somewhat new to the FL forums when I decided to post it.

(06-15-2013, 06:25 PM)Septic Wrote: -Support

CityRP should be a "one and only"

It won't be out of FL staff control. No one can steal our gamemode itself from a workshop addon. This would only make it so people wouldnt get errors and missing textures and they would be able to play on the servers with the spawnlists. Please read the suggestion fully.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.