Putting up maps and content on workshop
Title of Suggestion: Placing maps and content on the workshop

Description: Simply making an addon containing all the evocity spawnlists and maps used v2d,v33 and v2p.

Why: It is hard for new players to obtain our content as it requires them visiting the forum and dragging/dropping files into folders, which is much harder than an addon in the workshop.

Edit: People saying that "Valve may "steal" the gamemode, What the hell are you on about?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
Nope, if our content gets onto the workshop, many things could happen.
1) Valve can do WHATEVER THEY WANT TO IT! (Ie. Our hard work could be taken by them)
2) People can download/repackage/reuse/defacate our gamemode when it is downloaded, and as this is a "Private" Gamemode, and Soul said "no" to people downloading it for SP use, (Ie. Me)
3) We need the MapMakers' permission to re-upload his work, so nope.
4) You think Valve will let Models/Materials from their own games, ripped shamelessly from them be uploaded?
5) Certain files are restricted.
6) ...?
7) -Support.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
I believe you have misunderstood what kind of data you get from the workshop. It is not alterable by users who download it therefore Soul can control the content people are getting. The maps have already approved by their original creator sergeant sickness to be used on the workshop. It has been this way since the toybox was in use. Valve isnt going to "take our hard work" because we would still have the regular in use way of getting the content. It will remain a private gamemode as im talking about content like props and textures not the whole gamemode that would be ridiculous. Your right about certain files being restricted as like i said Soul can keep you from abusing the content. SAME CONTENT THAT YOU GET FROM THE FEARLESS DOWNLOAD PAGE just on the workshop is no different other than the means of acquiring such data. I obviously didnt describe what i was suggesting well enough. So your confusion of what i meant is understandable and I apolagise.
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
(12-28-2012, 12:09 PM)X Armless Gamer X Wrote: I believe you have misunderstood what kind of data you get from the workshop. Nope. It is not alterable by users who download it therefore Soul can control the content people are getting. Nope and Nope The maps have already approved by their original creator sergeant sickness to be used on the workshop. Checking Now It has been this way since the toybox was in use. Iirc, they were relesed in the workshop by the maker Valve isnt going to "take our hard work" because we would still have the regular in use way of getting the content. Stuff on the workshop IS under the control of Valve. If they want it, they will take it. It will remain a private gamemode as im talking about content like props and textures not the whole gamemode that would be ridiculous. Riggggght.... Your right about certain files being restricted as like i said Soul can keep you from abusing the content. SAME CONTENT THAT YOU GET FROM THE FEARLESS DOWNLOAD PAGE just on the workshop is no different other than the means of acquiring such data. But butbut... You cannot UPLOAD banned filetypes (.txt was banned before)s I obviously didnt describe what i was suggesting well enough. One line? No s**t Sherlock, a one line suggestion? So your confusion of what i meant is understandable and I apolagise. Kay

Read the bold.
Still -Support.

EDIT: Hhahahahaha No.
RP_EvoCity2_v2p FacePunch thread Wrote:Do not edit or redistribute this map, it's content, or the addons/svns in any way shape or form without my WRITTEN consent. You may use the content in another map only. No addons. By downloading the map and or addons you agree to this.

What were you saying?

Edit2:
You know, I take people asking me to be more respectful makes me want to be LESS respectful.
Perhaps trying to make more than a ONE LINE SUGGESTIONS, and DESCRIBE IT a bit more.
Kay?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Your arguement has been taken into consideration and with me seeing the facepunch thread I must say that now I kind of agree with you on that one. However please be more respectful and just leave a -support with a reason without all the no shit Sherlocks and sarcastic remarks.
Thank you.
Why did no one give a +support for this? I was going to suggest this but i did a search so imma continue it! Im giving this a +support. It is much more neater and its is better then downloading a file and dumping them into folders.. People can screw up their gmod easily if done wrongly.. Its really messy and would be much better if there was a direct way to do this!
-support on the idea because I don't want even more addons in my folder.

the guys that are arguing: What the hell do you mean Valve could take it? Why in the hell would a large game corporation take models from us? That's the stupidest thing ever. The gamemode also wouldn't be uploaded, is it now?

the thing about us using the HL2 content without buying the game... Well yeah you got a point there.
(06-14-2013, 05:50 PM)tyyy1997 Wrote: -support on the idea because I don't want even more addons in my folder.

the guys that are arguing: What the hell do you mean Valve could take it? Why in the hell would a large game corporation take models from us? That's the stupidest thing ever. The gamemode also wouldn't be uploaded, is it now?

the thing about us using the HL2 content without buying the game... Well yeah you got a point there.

If you don't want it then don't subscribe to it you silly old goose!

+Support
+support

Why:
1) The pack can be edited and pushed to everyone automatically in the event of a change.
2) It's much easier to download than trying to get the content from the Fearless website.
3) Download speed will most likely be faster than Fearless'.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
I can honestly only see the good sides of this addition.

Users have to create an account, manually navigate themselves on a website that they (perhaps) don't really notice in the start, and they just want to play. It could appear with big, red text on the loading screen, it could have a link with the workshop guide, so that people can also access that and read it at the same time.

We won't have to deal with many topics each week about missing models, textures and whatnot, and if that is so, the only solution we could give them would be to re-download the content, as it automatically places itself into the right directory.

Many people browse the workshop, often go search for collections, and pow, here we have Fearless Roleplay, the logo and formation appears professional and people find it attractive, they will naturally click in with interest.

Overall, this is a really good idea, and a step forward for the entire FearlessRP community.
The following 4 users Like Narc's post:
  • Shawkzie, Aing, ShareCrow, York