Could someone teach me to play ARMA
I recently bought ARMA combined operations. In short I have no fucking clue what to do at all, I've tried day z, I suck and I'm in need of help. Would anyone be kind enough to take a few hours out of gmod and lend a hand?
I guess I could... I was kinda an old ArmA veteran. By that I mean I was in a SUPER serious clan, in which we conducted operations, and basically replicated war, we had to listen to our commanders, there was ranks and promotion ceremonies etc.

So I guess I could give you some pointers. As for DayZ, I suppose if I ever get the idea to play it again, you could play with my mates and I until you learn how. Personally, DayZ itself was a rip off of older, better Zombie mods and Maps, like Degeration, and in the end DayZ is just PvP once you get a gun, as you will almost never starve, nor die, as long as you keep moving. Players are the real problem.
(12-22-2012, 10:01 AM)Lil_Rimmy333 Wrote: I guess I could... I was kinda an old ArmA veteran. By that I mean I was in a SUPER serious clan, in which we conducted operations, and basically replicated war, we had to listen to our commanders, there was ranks and promotion ceremonies etc.

So I guess I could give you some pointers. As for DayZ, I suppose if I ever get the idea to play it again, you could play with my mates and I until you learn how. Personally, DayZ itself was a rip off of older, better Zombie mods and Maps, like Degeration, and in the end DayZ is just PvP once you get a gun, as you will almost never starve, nor die, as long as you keep moving. Players are the real problem.

Are you avaliable now? We can talk via Fearless's teamspeak.
(12-22-2012, 10:26 AM)Disabled Angel Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 10:01 AM)Lil_Rimmy333 Wrote: I guess I could... I was kinda an old ArmA veteran. By that I mean I was in a SUPER serious clan, in which we conducted operations, and basically replicated war, we had to listen to our commanders, there was ranks and promotion ceremonies etc.

Are you avaliable now? We can talk via Fearless's teamspeak.

Hmm... Well, I suppose while the gamemode is down, I ain't got nothing better to do XD

What do you want me to teach you?
1. Run
2. Shoot
3. Kill
(12-22-2012, 10:32 AM)GhostRider Wrote: 1. Run
2. Shoot
3. Kill

In ArmA it's:

1. Run.
2. Wait.
3. Wait.
4. Wait.
5. You now have your breath back.
6. Shoot.

I'm on yo' teamspeak, testin' yo' mic.

And all I am getting in reply is static and some weird background sound, sounds like someones watching TV.
The following 3 users Like Lil_Rimmy333's post:
  • Colonel Burger, Caroline, The_Alpha_Dog
I don't play Arma itself but I sometimes play DayZ with a friend or two, a problem for me is that my character runs at 1/10th of the speed of other characters which can cause problems when running over a large distance. One rule of playing Dayz is don't trust people, often people complain that people in their own groups killed them which is why you are best off being on a chat channel (E.g. Skype) to know each others location or things can get messy.

Always have someone trustworthy at hand, if you lose a lot of blood or break your leg you will need someone to give you a blood transfusion or find some morphine.

Knowing your location can be half the battle, when you spawn make sure you read what it says or you could be running around for ages without a clue as to where you are.
ArmA2 veteran here, just hop on TS and join us sometime we usually have some Armarathons
The following 1 user Likes Colonel Burger's post:
  • Biowulf
(12-22-2012, 05:07 PM)Colonel Burger Wrote: ArmA2 veteran here, just hop on TS and join us sometime we usually have some Armarathons

I would love to! Send me a message when you're next doing one. Sounds like fun!
We are all day err'day, do you really think we use TS for FL?