PC issue need some help
Hi I recently bought a new pc system to run all my games, due to my old one being quite out of date.
CPU: Intel i3 3220 3.2 Ghz
Motherboard: ASRock H77/Pro4 MVP
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: ASUS ATI Radeon HD 7750
PSU: 500W

I built it. It look like everything was in its correct place. I plug it in, and the PSU blows up.

I got a repacement PSU, but now my pc does this: the fans spool up, the LED lighting glows for a few seconds. And then it all shuts off. Then it starts again. It seems to be stuck in some power cycling issue each time I try to turn the machine on. I'm stuck and I can't really ask anywhere else.

And ideas why this isn't working?
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."
- Laurence Binyon, The Fallen

[Image: logo.gif]
This happened to my Computer when I got a new Graphics card, It seems you need a more powerful PSU, Get a 800-900 for your graphics card. It shuts off because not enough power is getting to your GPU or CPU. Getting a better PSU should solve this. I've had first hand experience.
(12-18-2012, 01:45 PM)Jamie Wrote: This happened to my Computer when I got a new Graphics card, It seems you need a more powerful PSU, Get a 800-900 for your graphics card. It shuts off because not enough power is getting to your GPU or CPU. Getting a better PSU should solve this. I've had first hand experience.

His GPU shouldn't require more than a 500W PSU. Its a mainstream card that only consumes about 150-200W top. Add on the CPU at about 95W TDP and hard drives. He would be no where close to consuming 500W. Chances are he got a shotty PSU from a bad company or just a bad PSU. You can SLI and almost SLI 3 cards on a 900W PSU, so this suggestion would just be considered overkill

Some Tier 1 and Tier 2 products to check on are, which are going to be your most recommended :

- Corsair AX Series
- Corsair TX Series
- PC Power & Cooling
- OCZ ModXStream (600W is one of the more recommended ones)
- Seasonic PSUs
- Antec Earthwatts at about 450W and above are pretty good
- Antec High Current Gamer series
- Rosewill Capstone Series
- Rosewill Fortress Series
- Enermax PSUs
The following 1 user Likes wweee2345's post:
  • Fleet Admiral Zapington
I agree with Wweeee, it's recommended to have a 400W minimum PSU, but those recommendations are just wayyyyyyy too high. A 500W should do really fine in any way, then.

Either you plugged cables wrongly, either forgot to plug cables in, either got (as wweeee said) a faulty stupid useless PSU that has been banged 10 times before arriving to the shop.