The Walker (UDK Game Project)
The walker

[Image: TheWalkerScreen.jpg]

Description

The game is going to be based in a forrest/woodland, and it is going to be a large area. Instead of there being a large amount of light, and the oppitunity to see, there is going to be very little light, and this will only be in areas such as buildings, or small camps that will be based around the area. The map is going to be relatively large, meaning that there will be many areas that you can explore, and you will have to spend time looking around, in order to complete the game. The game is based on a Night theme, and for the entire time that you play the game, it will be a Night theme, meaning that it does not go Day at all, and you are stuck in the dark, for aslong as it takes you to complete the game.

Objective

The objective of the game, is to go around the woodland, and to find diffent objects and notes, which will help you get to the area that you will need to go, in order to complete the game. There is going to be a large area that you are going to have to explore, meaning that the game could take you some time, in order to complete, but it will be worth it. For those who have not guessed, the reason why it is going to be called "The Walker", is going to be because there is a mysterious being, that follows you around, while you are trying to complete the level. As you may have also been able to guess, the game is going to be a Horror, meaing that there will be elements in the game that are suppose to scare you, so come prepared when playing!

Sound

One of the main features that is going to scare you is mainly going to be the sound. When you are walking through the woods, there will be various areas where the Walker will be lurking around, so make sure that you have your volume nice and loud, in order to have fun!

Misc

For the people that are wondering when the game is going to be realeased, i do not currently know. I am going to be spending as much time as i can on the project, meaning that it could take me a while, but as soon as it has been created, and made to its best then a download link will be availible. If you are wondering what the pricing is going to be for this game, well i am glad to tell you it is going to be free, as all of my projects are for you to look at, and i would love you to enjoy it as much as you can, without having to pay anything! Until then, i hope that you are looking forward to it, and if you have any questions, email me at: [email protected], so that i can give you all of the infomation that you are needing to know. Thanks for reading, and i hope your looking forward to my project, goodbye!
Slender all over again.
(12-17-2012, 07:07 PM)DigitalDesiqn Wrote: Slender all over again.

haha, i knew someone was going to say this, well put it this way. It's maybe a tiny bit like slender, exept that this time, it will actually scare you, it wont lag, and the graphics quality will be amazing. Thats what im trying to achieve. Do not compare my game to slender, or you will see me at your front door some time soon ;))
(12-17-2012, 07:14 PM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: It's maybe a tiny bit like slender,

I'm sorry, but the fundamental objective and the 'horror' part are exactly like slender; I've never played the game and can see that. Improving the graphics and making it supposedly more scary doesn't change that.

Still, good luck and have fun.
(12-17-2012, 07:16 PM)Adman Wrote:
(12-17-2012, 07:14 PM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: It's maybe a tiny bit like slender,

I'm sorry, but the fundamental objective and the 'horror' part are exactly like slender; I've never played the game and can see that. Improving the graphics and making it supposedly more scary doesn't change that.

Still, good luck and have fun.

I know, it may sound like slender but the atmosphere is going to be very much different, and its a diffent genre of horror, if you get what i mean (you probally dont!) I find it hard to explain what i am talking about, but when i have completed it i will give you the download link, and i will let you have the chance to play it if you find some time, and you can give me some feedback on it!
Sounds a little like another Slender copy, But I always liked Slender so I might be interested.
I'm also trying these kind of stuff in another Game Engine called Unity 3D, You may have heard of it, Most of the time only testing new features, So if you would like me to do something, I would stand there for you!
I wish you good luck, And I hope you will achieve your goal!

Regards,
DubpleRW.
Good luck with your project Cheese
This game is more likely a copy of "The Intruder"
Slender : Extended Map Edition!
Clan Needed Tounge
(12-17-2012, 08:30 PM)Weemee1337 Wrote: Sounds a little like another Slender copy, But I always liked Slender so I might be interested.
I'm also trying these kind of stuff in another Game Engine called Unity 3D, You may have heard of it, Most of the time only testing new features, So if you would like me to do something, I would stand there for you!
I wish you good luck, And I hope you will achieve your goal!

Regards,
DubpleRW.

Thanks for the positive comment, if i need you to help i will quite helpfully let you, and if i am going to be selling the game (I dont know what i am going to be doing about the pricing yet), and you have happened to help me, then i will make sure to give you a small ammount of the profit, as if you have helped then that is what you deserve!

(12-17-2012, 08:37 PM)Ted Wrote: Good luck with your project Cheese

Thanks, if you are looking forward to playing it, i will be giving the download link when it is finished, but this may take some time!

(12-17-2012, 09:07 PM)Dr Tomorrow Wrote: This game is more likely a copy of "The Intruder"

I haven't actually happened to play it, but i will look at some footage, and see what its like. But i am glad to tell you, i am going to be putting as much work into it as i can, meaning that i am going to be trying to make it like a game that has not been created before. What i mean by this is that the eviroment is aimed to be scary, not just some areas will be scary, i want the player of the game to always have a feeling that they are deeply scared, and they are waiting for somthing to jump out!

Im also going to be changing the Image a bit, i mean the Catch-line of the game, as the one that i firstly came up with is rather rubbish, as i cant even correct my grammar, and i dont think that this one is good, so i am going to be changing it Smile)