Poll: what do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
support
88.89%
24 88.89%
no support
11.11%
3 11.11%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

police commander must be different from police officer
Title of Suggestion:police commander(chief of police) must be able to do more then officer

Description:at the moment a police commander can do barely anything else than what a normal officer can do, in real-life this is different and it makes no sense really
I suggest the following:a police commander should be able to also place warrants and should be listened to by police officers,90% of police commander become it just for the extra 50$ and never say anything,and when you are police commander and you actaully say stuff like:'guys let's check that suspicious looking boarded up house' 90% of the officers are like:man don't give us orders only president can do that.Police commander needs to get more respect and extra commands like /warrant.

Edit:I also suggest adding a 5 hour requirement if this will be approved,else new people will play it and demote/warrant people for fun/wrong reasons.
the requirement shouldn't be higher than this.

Why:because if u have a president doing nothing someone needs to take control and that someone should be someone with a high rank in governement:police commander

PS:i did read the not wanted suggestions but i don't really think these are new guns or stuff for governement/police and these are realistic and not super OP
Maybe I'm not active on the servers anymore... But this is a good idea.

+support on this.
(12-17-2012, 03:56 PM)fillehh Wrote: Maybe I'm not active on the servers anymore... But this is a good idea.

+support on this.

thank you,you could also vote support in the poll i made so admins don't have to count so we can save them some time
but thanks for agreeing with me
Well I can see where you're coming from.

In real life, warrants are issued by the courts and so the President being the one for it is the closest we're going to get.

As for the rest, well there isn't really a suggestion. I'm incredibly glad that you try and take a leading role in the Police Commander job, as that is what it is made for. Perhaps one command that I could agree with the Commander using would be /demote. That way, if cops disobey you or fail to follow your orders you can demote them rather than having to wait for the President.
Commander and HSS used to be able to demote their Offices/Agents, however it got removed back in 2011..

Huge + support for it to be re-implemented
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Verzyn
(12-17-2012, 04:33 PM)Adman Wrote: Well I can see where you're coming from.

In real life, warrants are issued by the courts and so the President being the one for it is the closest we're going to get.

As for the rest, well there isn't really a suggestion. I'm incredibly glad that you try and take a leading role in the Police Commander job, as that is what it is made for. Perhaps one command that I could agree with the Commander using would be /demote. That way, if cops disobey you or fail to follow your orders you can demote them rather than having to wait for the President.

What? Commander can't demote? I have always thought they could. Tounge

Unless we created the role of a Judge..... Smile
+ Support

But we need to up the hour requirement for the Police Commander then.
Chief should be able to Demote and give search warrants, I think arrest should stay with the Pres
+Support
(12-17-2012, 07:17 PM)Catkillerfive Wrote: + Support

But we need to up the hour requirement for the Police Commander then.

I tought of that a couple of hours after I made this thread.I suggest something about 5 hours playtime (president is 10) it wouldn't make the cops have a hour requirement so you can learn how to play as a cop before u go commander

sorry for double post
but in reality when a cop sees someone doing a crime he would immediatly arrest him
why not here?maybe a /warrant with a cooldown ? that you can only use it once in 5 minutes so you can't abuse