BombFrosty Ban Appeal
Warned.
I’ll first like to state that Fuzzi is neither a witness nor a key role in this case; he is only posting on behalf of me.

The so called ‘exploit’ is not true, I simply subscribed to your official forum when I first joined the S.A.A, and so I’ll get updates on posted threads, I would only be supplied with an very brief summary of it. This summary is usually only 1-3 sentences long.

Quote:He was exploiting it because he knew that he shouldn't be in there due to not being in the SAA anymore because he left the community.
- Fultzy
I was never technically inside the forums, I was just given information. Also, leaving the S.A.A. didn’t seal my permanent farewell; I only took a break from the game, and came back. Of course, I do not play as often, but that’s not the case.

Quote:Once you find a bug you report it to an admin not try and use it for gain.
Fultzy
I never used the ‘bug’ for personal gain, just to simply observe the S.A.A’s going-ons.

Quote:He was threatening one of our members saying he was going to leak his exploited information to others.
Fultzy
Like I said, it wasn’t exploited, but I did use the method of bluffing to keep Theomenz (why shouldn’t we address the ‘member’ properly?) from telling Grub.

Quote:It is like saying you are going to ddos the server.
Fultzy
Not really, sure, I had the power to release a ton of information to the general public, which will result in catastrophic consequences, such as me getting perm’d, extreme tension of 5 clans against you due to your espionage operations, as well as releasing knowledge of constructions and transport. But I would never do that, why? Because I’m not that bad of a person to set off this kind of chain reaction.

Quote:There is no need to write out every single rule.
Fultzy
Um, yes there is? It’s like being told you’re not allowed to touch that apple over there, but no law states you aren’t allowed to touch it. So you touch it, then get arrested for it, sounds a bit odd to me.

I’ll also like to mention that Fultzy had well knowledge I was subscribed to theforums, but wouldn’t remove me from them because I was a ‘bro’. In a way, Fultzy could’ve prevented this by immediately removing me from the subscribed contacts.

I have also never told Rowan to claim he’s my lawyer, nor did I tell him to post his message. However, his post does have some truth behind it.

Quote:So, let me get this straight, it doesn't have to be in the rules... because it’s always a rule, therefore, there is no need to write it as a rule.
Rowan
Every community has its own rules; you can’t claim that every community would have the same set of rules because it’s impossible. Rules vary between each community, and this one never stated you can ‘exploit bugs’ on the forum. Go ahead and check for yourself in the Forum Rules Thread.
What really disturbed me however, was this:
Quote:I have no knowledge of the suspension's motives and the actions that occurred for it to be warranted…
Adman

What he’s implying is that not all of the admin team was addressed this issue, even though it was apparently an ‘extreme security breach of the S.A.A.’. As far as I know, the only admins that know of this case is [FL] G_Matt and[FL] Lt. Grub, which leaves me under the suspicion that this wasn’t properly addressed to the admin team, as well as the community owner, [FL] Soulripper.
I’ll also like to state that the ‘threatening S.A.A.’ situation has absolutely nothing to do with this ban, since I was apparently banned for ‘Forum Exploiting’ and not ‘Threatening to start mass rivalries and clan tension’.
Last but not least, I still have all the information regarding your espionage operations AND current constructions. I could inform the general public RIGHT NOW if I wanted to, but I won’t, why? Because the threat was a BLUFF and I would NEVER do such a thing.

I’ll also like Theomenz’s input on this, due to the fact he plays a key role in the case as the informant. Another thing, I do not hate Theomenz what he did, I actually admire him for it.
Kind regards,
- BombFire(Frosty)
So before I continue, let me make something clear.

This forum is not for you people to vent your tension and drama. If you're going to speak, say something that is of relevance and could be useful to the case, if you aren't involved you post will be removed and you will be warned. On that note, I shall continue.

As far as I can see it appears that Bombfire abused a possible exploit on the forum in order to blackmail people and create general havoc.

As far as the whole legal aspect, due to the fact we are on the internet and are operated as a private organization and you have no legal claims or reason to pursue us on a legal level, I frankly don't give a shit if you're a lawyer, and if you don't have something useful to say, you too will be warned for posting in this thread without a sufficient right.

The player Bombfire clearly is in violation of many rules, including but not limited to:
Exploitation
Blackmail
Creating community tension
Not reporting, but abusing found glitches in the forum system

This alone is enough to create suspension on not only the forum system but on the servers registered under the Fearless Community.

You did mention that you were afraid that only 2 admins were involved in the case, this is not true. Due to the clear violation of server rules and violation of simple moral/ethical boundaries, the player Bombfire was banned immediately from our system on discovery. It just so happens that Grub and Matt were the first to discover this.

On that note, I can assure you that further investigation will take place on this case and I can also assure you that there will be fairness in the final verdict of the case which will most likely be decided by the SA team.

Regards,
Vauld -- Server Administration team
Thanks Vauld. Smile too many useless, unneeded posts as well, indeed.
[Image: kby7oh.jpg]

Thanks Reliqua (:
You used the exploit, No matter how much information you had access to you never brought it to the attention of the admins/developers and From the evidence and statement that I was acting upon when I issued the ban, you were using this stolen information for personal gain.
Appeal denied.