Euthanasia
(12-12-2012, 09:07 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 09:04 AM)GRiiM Wrote: -snip-

He died around August, after they stated that he could not have anyone help him die, and that they would still be convicted if they did so, he refused food which rapidly lowered his immune system until he contracted pneumonia and died.

Ah thanks, I thought he was still alive.
So after they refused to give him a peaceful assisted suicide his only other option was through some more suffering until his body couldn't immune system couldn't function properly anymore?

That's really sad, at least he's at peace now.
(12-12-2012, 09:41 AM)GRiiM Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 09:07 AM)BlackDog Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 09:04 AM)GRiiM Wrote: -snip-

He died around August, after they stated that he could not have anyone help him die, and that they would still be convicted if they did so, he refused food which rapidly lowered his immune system until he contracted pneumonia and died.

Ah thanks, I thought he was still alive.
So after they refused to give him a peaceful assisted suicide his only other option was through some more suffering until his body couldn't immune system couldn't function properly anymore?

That's really sad, at least he's at peace now.

It's unacceptable that they wouldn't let him die peacefully.
mhmm, it is pretty damn sad
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Yes, it is sad. Since when does the government decide or a person should live or die when he wants to die himself, what was the result? He comitted suicide.
(12-12-2012, 09:04 AM)GRiiM Wrote: Earlier this year in the UK this was a big story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ferer.html

It is basically about a 58 year old man who suffers from locked-in syndrome following a stroke in 2005.
He wants to end the suffering he faces daily and so does his family yet they are unable to because of the current laws against it.

They are still campaigning for his right to die

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20570785

I really hope that the government see sense soon.

No, he died. He starved himself, like Blackdog said. He couldn't go to Sweden where suicide/assisted suicide is legal, it was physically impossible.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor