Regarding racism/homophobia, staff punishments vs player punishments, etc.
(12-04-2012, 11:59 PM)Toxic Sn0w Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 08:59 PM)Biowulf Wrote: Making fun of Asians, Russians and white people is ok, but making fun of black people isnt?

Well thats probably because we white people treated these black people like animals. We hung them,we bullied them for looking at white person, we tarred and feathered them, we sold them like dogs and made them do work.
Thank God the US had the civil war to stop slavery. Black people still remember that shit and I think it will be hard to forget. Its ridiculous that some people have the urge to call someone a n**** when their ancestors hung their ancestors for the color of their skin. But that is why making fun of black people is not ok.

It's their ancestors, not them. Black people in the slave days, were the ones who captured the black people and sold them to the white people so they did it to them selves as much as we did it to them. I don't agree with discrimination. There the same as us, we shouldn't even need this thread, they are people, why even think anything is racist towards them. I know what I mean I'm trying to word it but I can't. I'm against racism and abusive language before people start hating me, but... I'll carry on I'm the morning when I can think Tounge
I was kicked just for asking whether or not '***' was the word someone was talking about when we were talking about offensives. I got kicked for homophobia.

Funny, gay people are homophobic!
I understand that they're "offensive" terms but some people need to learn to just grow away from them.
(12-04-2012, 11:59 PM)Toxic Sn0w Wrote:
(12-04-2012, 08:59 PM)Biowulf Wrote: Making fun of Asians, Russians and white people is ok, but making fun of black people isnt?

Well thats probably because we white people treated these black people like animals. We hung them,we bullied them for looking at white person, we tarred and feathered them, we sold them like dogs and made them do work.
Thank God the US had the civil war to stop slavery. Black people still remember that shit and I think it will be hard to forget. Its ridiculous that some people have the urge to call someone a n**** when their ancestors hung their ancestors for the color of their skin. But that is why making fun of black people is not ok.

Hanged*, and the story was just as bad for all immigrants that came into this country.
(12-05-2012, 12:55 AM)mono Wrote: Funny, gay people are homophobic!
I understand that they're "offensive" terms but some people need to learn to just grow away from them.

And you have come up with this stupidly ridiculous theory that gay people walk around saying "Wassup f****t!". You don't know anything. Please delete that post.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Just a question, are there any homosexuals on this server?

I'm not saying that if there aren't we can go around saying homophobic words, its wrong. But I want to hear their opinion on the matter if there brave enough.
(12-04-2012, 09:45 PM)Zzzzap Wrote: Hormones? Lol

Also, hate speech no matter what?
Let me tell you something, I have a black friend IRL, we go to school together, I call him a *** all the time and we both find it freaking hilarious.
It's not hate-speech between friends, times have changed, it isn't the 50's anymore.

My point is obviously that there's a difference, it's the way you use the words.

I really do believe you can survive without using them. Unless they actually define your character which might be a problem.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
(12-05-2012, 09:09 AM)NukaBomb Wrote:

And you have come up with this stupidly ridiculous theory that gay people walk around saying "Wassup f****t!". You don't know anything. Please delete that post.

I call Elder a fa­ggot all the time but he doesn't give a shit, even though he's 120% homosexual. Again, it's the internet.
I feel like you're just white-knighting about this whole thing. Acting all butthurt because someone disagrees with you. Like you know shit of it. You're defending something even though you have no idea how it really is.
I think this is one of the main problems with this server. You have some great rational thinking admins, then you have some that seem to jump on the trigger without even getting the facts straight. And as for people taking offence to the harsh language, yes I agree it is wrong and immature to use such language. However I'm willing to bet very few, if anyone at all, is actually offended. The cries are nothing but crocodile tears. People get angered that another player is calling them a ***. What better way to get back at someone then to have them banned.
The rule is there so some people don't get offended. We aren't saying you can't talk to certain people... We're just saying not to use certain words. I don't think that's so difficult.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(12-05-2012, 09:25 AM)Gareth Philp Wrote: Just a question, are there any homosexuals on this server?

I'm not saying that if there aren't we can go around saying homophobic words, its wrong. But I want to hear their opinion on the matter if there brave enough.

And you haven't bothered to figure out why i'm flaming? Hehe. Whole reason i got annoyed with Zzzzap, the reason this thread is exploding?

(12-05-2012, 09:55 AM)Biowulf Wrote:
(12-05-2012, 09:09 AM)NukaBomb Wrote:

I call Elder a fa­ggot all the time but he doesn't give a shit, even though he's 120% homosexual. Again, it's the internet.
I feel like you're just white-knighting about this whole thing. Acting all butthurt because someone disagrees with you. Like you know shit of it. You're defending something even though you have no idea how it really is.

Also, i think a gay person would know what gay is. You don't know me.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor