Unperma Request - Joey Skylynx
Your name: Joey Skylynx

Your ban ID: 12676

Banned by: [FL] Zzzzap

Reason: Random raid, Fail RP, Public building, 13 prior bans

Involved: Twenty People and Zaapp

Why we should unban you:
I built the hobo tower after the world's largest wooden house, back in February as a place for players to do Hobo RP on a grand scale. My first ban was only a day after it's construction, after it was being condemned for being used to get on the roofs of certain buildings. After a long fight I was unbanned, but the majority of the senior admins were still skeptical of an 'Hobo Tower in a city'

Fast forward to a few months ago, I had placed the hobo-tower down in the city without alarming the admins on the server, and was using it to shelter the homeless. Everything had been running fine and dandy, until one of the hobos inside the tower threw a boot down[while I was away] at a police officer.

The officer who was hit by the boot was damaged for 15 damage, and called in reinforcements, believing the hobo-tower was tending to rebels. Immediately afterwards an entire mob of police officers stormed the building and killed the hobo who threw the boot at the officer, and arrested one other.

When I arrived back at the tower I found that many hobos were aggravated with how the Police handled the raid, and were demanding reparations for damages.
The president who was in command at time denied at reparations to the Hobos inside the tower stating we had attacked the police first[which is true]
Across the street from the hobo-tower though was BP, where a local gundealer had set up shop and was selling firearms for really cheap prices[really, really cheap]. Hearing the recent shootout he strolled over to the Hobo Tower and decided to give me for 'free' 20 AK-47's and the ammo required for their usage. I guess his intentions were to boost firearm/ammo sales, but I'm not entirely sure.

With the already aggravated environment I handed out the guns to all of the hobos in the tower, and told them to make idle threats against the president.

Once again we made demands for reparations, but with this /advert, we also stated we were considering raiding him. Some players nearby gathered around chanting phrases such as 'AK-47's for everyone!' 'down with the establishment' 'HOBO MONARCHY' the situation wasn't aided by the fact that the president attempted to send his SS to disarm us. This ending with two SS dead, and the other one retreating to the Nexus with the hopes of preventing us from entering.

Instead of going on a warpath the majority of the Hobos at the time agree'd that we should go to the intersection near Cafe Baltica, and begin firing off AK-47's into the sky as a show of force. The President realizing that we weren't going to attack him agree'd to give each Hobo money, but by this time things had gotten out of hand.

Corleones/Rebels had entered the picture[they were banned from the city] and they began to go around rioting by setting fire to people's stores and on one occasion attempted to raid the president.
The hobos[and myself] and no involvement in any of these raids, and if anything we were pretty much just wasting ammo into the sky as a show of force.

I request to be unbanned, because I understand that I did screw up by arming a group of players to the teeth, but I had no correlation with any of the riots or raids on the president. Most of the hobos actually disbanded back to the Hobo Tower after shooting off two boxes of ammo. When Zzzap told us to do so.
My view towards this has not changed since your last unban request.
I don't exactly recall your view, mind reposting it?
Take a look at your old unban request.
From what I've read most of the concerns were over, "why would hobos waste ammo" which I'm unsure of how to answer. We were given firearms and ammo from a 3rd Party. Is that enough to answer the question from previously?
I already addressed my opinion in the old thread, SA can make the final decision on this one.
I don't understand how hobo's have AK 47's and can just decide to start shooting, defying authority.

Hobo = Homeless person. Since when can a homeless person afford rifles and ammo? I'm pretty sure they would rather trade in a rifle for food or shelter.

Hobos beg for money and food, live on the streets and so on. In my opinion this is Fail RP, but that's just my opinion.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
Not to mention that I'm not buying the "A random gundealer gave us 20 AK's" story.
(12-04-2012, 03:16 PM)Holdem Wrote: I don't understand how hobo's have AK 47's and can just decide to start shooting, defying authority.

Hobo = Homeless person. Since when can a homeless person afford rifles and ammo? I'm pretty sure they would rather trade in a rifle for food or shelter.

Hobos beg for money and food, live on the streets and so on. In my opinion this is Fail RP, but that's just my opinion.
We had a home, which was attacked by the Police Force, and we requested reparations from the president for what had happened, he firmly refused blaming us for the attack. We then were being constantly discriminated/antagonized by government officials for no reason, and then you throw into the picture that a gundealer willingly gave us firearms/ammo. It's all really a culmination of, 'what happens next?'
Now this is a matter of 3rd Party intervention. So we were given firearms en'masse while in an already hostile climate. SHTF is the only acronym which comes to mind.

Moving to Zapps post:
Zzzzap Wrote:Not to mention that I'm not buying the "A random gundealer gave us 20 AK's" story.
I don't understand what is so hard to understand about it. The gundealers motives are not limited to just sell firearms. As I said earlier, the Rebels and the Corleones were banned from the city. Maybe this users motive was to over-throw the present government and increase firearm sales, or to ease up the hassle on the gundealer.
How it happened is how it happened. We received firearms and ammo from a gundealer for free.
In turn, we used the firearms completely passive-aggressively. Wasting all the ammo we were given, and going back to our hobotower after doing our demonstration.
After through discussion and investigation, the administrative team denies this appeal.
Closed.