I need to find some good RTS games!
I wanna find a really good strategy game that combines fighting and city building, or just any good strategy games in general. Know any?
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Rome Total War, Empire Total War, some other Total Wars that people will suggest.

Sid Meier's Civilization 5, the one I have, or 4 which many say is the best.
(11-28-2012, 06:11 PM)Adman Wrote: Rome Total War, Empire Total War, some other Total Wars that people will suggest.

Sid Meier's Civilization 5, the one I have, or 4 which many say is the best.
Regards,
aviator
'Rome Total War 2' is soon to come out! ( I think :p)
So if you can wait I'd hold on until that!
I have most of the TW series, they're pretty sameish. I'll have a look at Civvy 4.
Nuka
Company of Heroes. It's still very active and remains as one of the best RTS' of all time. Very tactical and the feeling when you win in an online match is insanely good.

Dawn of War 1. Lovely games with nice DLC/additions. Fast paced and fun.

Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance. Huge epic scale RTS with a shitload of units and structures. Nukes, experimental bombs, huge machines and a badass unit cap on ONE THOUSAND UNITS. Yes, I said one thousand. Now, that... That is cool. (Don't play Sup Com 2 though, it sucks).

No mans land - Fight for your rights. This one remains as one of the best memories I've had in my gaming childhood. Lovely units and maps all combined with a very nice colonization theme.

Stronghold Crusader. If you havent played this one, you've missed a ton of fun. This is by far the RTS game that became one of the most popular ones and still is. A second one will also be released in 2013 but untill then, the first one is quite sufficient. I still play it from times to times.

And guys don't suggest the Civilisation games when he wrote RTS. Real time, you know. Not turn-based.
The following 1 user Likes StillAlive's post:
  • Nuka
Thank you StillAlive! I'll have a look at the prices of those!
Nuka
Hey, dont forget the Anno series, its all about building up a city to be able to support your army and your conquests, kind of like the stronghold series actualy
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Quote:No mans land - Fight for your rights. This one remains as one of the best memories I've had in my gaming childhood. Lovely units and maps all combined with a very nice colonization theme.

O.O YES. THIS.
There is a free game called "Grepolis" and you have to build you're empire and conquer and fight other people who play, and it continues to gain you resources when you're not on it.

Just type in on Google "Grepolis"