For the future!
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
Basically I made this thread as personally I'm nearing the age of 18 and I'm about the age where you need to start thinking about a job, in short I'm either going into the British Army where I will join the Royal Military Police (RMP) or go on to become a civilian police officer. If you didn't know by now, I want to be employed as an officer. As I am of the age I'm interested in what roughly the same aged people are wanting to become whether you're 13, 14, 15, 16 or 17 I don't care, what are your hopes for the future?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I live in the US, and I am 16 years old. Hopefully I'll be accepted into the United States Military Academy, go there for 4 years, and have a life in the Army. I plan on becoming a paratrooper, and later on become a Ranger.
I'm 15 years old, and i currently work in the nearby grocery store. In the future, i want to be a journalist. Maybe an entertainer. Music journalist is also a possibility. The market is big.

(11-25-2012, 03:02 PM)Stryker1019 Wrote: I live in the US, and I am 16 years old. Hopefully I'll be accepted into the United States Military Academy, go there for 4 years, and have a life in the Army. I plan on becoming a paratrooper, and later on become a Ranger.

*Spastic voice* Rangers lead the way

(11-25-2012, 04:12 PM)Tingfinder Wrote: I'm 15 years old, and i currently work in the nearby grocery store. In the future, i want to be a journalist. Maybe an entertainer. Music journalist is also a possibility. The market is big.

Are you in the Uk?
Nope, Denmark.

(11-25-2012, 06:28 PM)Fergolfson Wrote: Nope, Denmark.

Well you're in luck then because frankly the UK job market is screwed.
Ex-military here, worked as MP for a bit. All I can say is that it takes a certain mindset for the service, if you've got it, you'll really live it up in uniform and there's no easy way of coming back - you can take a man out of the military, but you can't take the military out of a man.
The following 2 users Like Killjoy's post:
  • Niimo, Disabled Angel
(11-26-2012, 05:29 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Ex-military here, worked as MP for a bit. All I can say is that it takes a certain mindset for the service, if you've got it, you'll really live it up in uniform and there's no easy way of coming back - you can take a man out of the military, but you can't take the military out of a man.

I'm in the cadets, so far I'm a corporal and I'm absolutely loving every single moment of the military. I haven't missed a single opportunity to do anything. Quick question, do MP's see frontline combat?
Rangers might lead the way, but it's the Airforce that clears the way.

I've always wanted to be a helichopter pilot in either a Hind or a BlackShark. By far pictures of Air Superiority
(11-26-2012, 07:47 PM)Colonel Burger Wrote: Rangers might lead the way, but it's the Airforce that clears the way.

I've always wanted to be a helichopter pilot in either a Hind or a BlackShark. By far pictures of Air Superiority

XD No Apache there?