[Examples/Advises] Use and Build with Easy Precision
Hello, Fearlessians.

Today I decided to make a Video Tutorial of how to use the tool "Easy Precision"

I will be showing how to Push and Pull props, how to use all the different things that Easy Precision consists of, which is quite alot. I am going to show you my recommended settings which I use, they are easy to change so it doesnt really matter.

I will also be showing a bit of where to get the right props, and props for decoration purposes aswell..

Right, Easy Precision

Through hundreds of hours on Fearless I have encountered so many people not knowing anything about Easy Precision, and even if they did, they did not know how to use it properly.

My goal is to teach people how to build precise buildings and realistic constructions.

Before we start, I'd like you to keep in mind that there are rules about building bases here on Fearless, I highly recommend following all of them.

That means you can't,
  • Make your base walls higher than 4 meters/13 feet.
  • Walk on the walls or have walkways along the walls.
  • Have a big modern base as rebels, IE: It has to fit the roleplay situation.
  • Can't make more than two keypad doors.
  • Build barricades that makes it impossible to shoot you.
  • Can't make windows that allows you or other people to Fade & Shoot.
  • Build in the buildings on the main street as they are reserved for Passive Roleplay purposes.
  • Use props that are textured on one side only, as its gives you an unfair advantage.
  • Make it hard for the opposing force to raid you, as it is considered a doomfort.

• What is Easy Precision?
Easy Precision is a tool that helps you align your construction, it helps you push and pull props into places you could not get them without using it. Easy Precision is basically a lot of tools in-one, with Easy Precision you are able to do the following things.

1. Apply settings to target props

Spoiler :
This tool mode lets you change the prop settings on your targeted prop, here is the recommended settings for a usual build.

[] Freeze Target
[] Autorotate to World
[ ] Disable Prop Shadow
[ ] Only Collide With Player
[ ] Disable Physics on Prop
[ ] Adv: Allow Physgun on PhysDisable Props
[ ] Advanced: Entire Contraption(!) Mode

Why these settings?

These settings are what I recommend to use, they are what I prefer using to make my constructions as precise as possible.

The Tool Modes below are shown in the video.
  1. Rotate targeted prop
  2. Move first prop to second
  3. Weld
  4. Axis
  5. Ballsocket
  6. Advanced Ballsocket
  7. Slider
  8. Parent Link (duping causes issues)

How to find decoration props?

There are some Counter-Strike Map props which you can not get in the basic spawn menu, therefor you want to do like this.

Spoiler :
[Image: 1rxZW]

In those map folders you find some of the most realistic props in the game, besides the ones in the Evocity Props folder.

de_inferno and de_tides are basically those with all the quality flowers, pots, and wooden barrels. All you need to make restaurants and Cafe's is to be found in de_tides.

Go exploring through all the hundreds of folders in the browse section, you will make some cool discoveries that is for sure. Everything from the Fearless Handcuffs to the BMW GTR can be found there.

The rest is basically explained in this video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1qORreoi...e=youtu.be

If you have any questions regarding Easy Precision just shoot them here or in a Private Message to me. I'd be happy to help, also on the server if I have time.

I am thinking about doing more Tools and How To's, if there is any tool in particular you would like to know more about just tell me here aswell.

Thanks for reading my guide, I hope it helped you out.

~Equalizer
The following 6 users Like equal's post:
  • Zealord, Nuka, Giant Pony, Commander Fi5h, Enzyme, Sgtbender2000
It seems like you put a lot effort in it. Good job Equalizer, It is very useful.
I spent 4 Hours trying to render the video with 4 different Video Softwares, it turned out the Sony Vegas Pro12 were the best solution.
I've never really used the easy precision tool for anything other than making the props non-collidable with the world.

The guide was very useful, thanks for writing it up Cheese
(11-18-2012, 05:06 PM)Equal Wrote: I spent 4 Hours trying to render the video with 4 different Video Softwares, it turned out the Sony Vegas Pro12 were the best solution.

Try to use Handbrake, I use it.
Thanks for the awesome guide Cheese I'm a total newbie with these things, but this helped a lot ^^
Very nice and complete tutorial! I even learned some new things!
[Image: Fearless.png]
PM | Email | Steam                    
(11-18-2012, 05:09 PM)GRiiM Wrote: I've never really used the easy precision tool for anything other than making the props non-collidable with the world.

The guide was very useful, thanks for writing it up Cheese
You can no collide with world with it...?
I just used it to shove props into other props!
Big help Equal, thanks.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Bumping this for new players.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]